Finally!! *official* Cc Diamond Princess Alaska Group Cruise - June 4, 2005

Host Caroline

[b][size=3][color=indigo]Well good news! I was on hold with Crucon to leave Kevin a message, and here comes an email receipt from them! We are booked! Yaaaaaaay!!! Even got the cabin we wanted! I am excited!!! :D :D :D [/color][/size][/b]

[b][size=3][color=#4b0082]Does that make 3 cabins booked, with 6 of us so far? I have NiniB and daughter, Christi and Garry, and Debbie and myself, Nita. Am I missing anyone else? [/color][/size][/b]

[quote name='NitaBcruising'][b][size=3][color=indigo]Well good news! I was on hold with Crucon to leave Kevin a message, and here comes an email receipt from them! We are booked! Yaaaaaaay!!! Even got the cabin we wanted! I am excited!!! :D :D [/color][/size][/b]

[b][size=3][color=#4b0082]Does that make 3 cabins booked, with 6 of us so far? I have NiniB and daughter, Christi and Garry, and Debbie and myself, Nita. Am I missing anyone else? [/color][/size][/b][/QUOTE][size=3][color=teal]I am so late tonight!!! We had nasty rain and the PC was then glitched off with the lightning:eek: so I left it off!!![/color][/size]

[size=3][color=teal]Four cabins with four more pretty sure... I am going to email Laura to see if we can get out [b]GROUP BOARD[/b] >>> which will make it easier for people to post in one place!!![/color][/size]

[size=3][color=teal]I will be home thsi weekend and then for a week August 9 and will be an annoying busy beaver to my tour op friends on Alaska and some Seattle hotels about the pre-cruise hotel (OPTIONAL.... of course) and the tours.... so stay tuned.. the locals are still pretty busy as it's the middle of their "high season" up there... so I may need to wait till they catch their collective breath to get things finalized .. but thank goodness for this week to start [/color][/size]

[center][color=teal][size=3][color=navy][b]WELCOME TO NINIB, CHRISTIE/GARY and NITA and her friend DEBBIE![/b][/color] [/size][/color][/center]

[size=3][color=teal]I love, love Alaska and we are gonna have one great "DIAMOND RUSH" to Alaska... !!![/color][/size]

[size=3][color=teal]I need to get our PC Expert Emerald to do a banner!!!! [/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#008080]Until then, another enticing picture :) [/color][/size]

[img]http://www.icystraitpoint.com/gallery/Eagles/whale-tale-2.jpg[/img]

Caroline,
Nita and I have decided to go with early seating (traditional). We are under the impression that even though we wanted this we can still choose to go to another restraurant when we want. Is that right? What is everyone else doing for dining selections? If most of us decide to do traditional will we be able to sit together?
Thanks,
Debbie

[quote name='Host Caroline']How'd you do that, how I ask ?????:confused: :) Group, we also have a magician joining our band of explorers.. We shall expect a bevy of tricks during pre-dinner drinks when not in port NITA![/QUOTE]
[b][size=4][color=indigo]My daughter showed me how to go to edit, and copy and paste. I even remembered how, and it worked! :rolleyes: [/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=4][color=#4b0082][/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=4][color=#4b0082]Actually a couple of the guys on these boards have told me how to do some computer stuff! Great bunch on here! :) Otherwise, I'm a real dummy! :D [/color][/size][/b]

[quote name='n2chocola8']Caroline,
Nita and I have decided to go with early seating (traditional). We are under the impression that even though we wanted this we can still choose to go to another restraurant when we want. Is that right? What is everyone else doing for dining selections? If most of us decide to do traditional will we be able to sit together?
Thanks,
Debbie[/QUOTE]
[size=4][color=indigo]Hi Debbie![/color][/size]
[size=4][color=#4b0082][/color][/size]
[size=4][color=#4b0082]Glad to see you here! I haven't heard from Kevin, and no email, and got home too late to call. I'll do that Mon. to see about the dining. [/color][/size]

[b][size=3][color=indigo]Just checking to see, as I changed my signature, to have it above the banner![/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=#4b0082][/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=#4b0082][/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=#4b0082]Aha, it worked!!! :D [/color][/size][/b]

[color=navy]Kevin... had a traffic issue with the Dem Convention in town, I think, and was working differnent hours.. that played havoc with all sorts of stuff in Boston[/color].

[b][size=3]BUT[/size][/b].. [color=navy][b]now that the convention is over, and you are back to your regular prime time schedule :rolleyes: (cause I know you watched CNN all last week!)..check the Travel Channel for all those Alaska shows!!! It's just 10 months till our group cruise.. [color=red]you don't want to miss it!!!:D [/color][/b][/color]

[b][size=3][color=navy]The boss has finally put our group board up>>>. follow the Alaskan gold brick road to[/color][/size][/b]

[url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=228"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=228[/url]

Caroline,

I still have a question because I don't understand how the group pricing works. If I book a cabin with the group and princess has a special before final payment and i see I could book a cabin for less than the group price, will my cabin price be reduced? I am not talking about a reduction in group pricing. Just a reduction in price available to anyone who books.

Thanks,
Pam

If Princess reduces group rates our rate will be be reduced; however if someone advertises a lesser price for the cruise they will not.. if you need clarification on this don't hesitate to call Kevin at Crucon.. he's really the "last word" on this ...800 493-6609.

• 3 weeks later...
[size=3][color=indigo][/color][/size][size=3][color=indigo]Hi everyone![/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#4b0082][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#4b0082]It's sure been a busy summer! Hope everyone is enjoying it. This sailing is a long time away, so hope we get some more interest later![/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#4b0082]Debbie and I are planning a 2 night pre-cruise in Victoria, after one night in Seattle. Sounds like fun![/color][/size]

[font=Century Gothic][color=navy]Yikes... I have been slammed at work and then had PC problems last night... sorry I was lax in answering you Chris[/color][b]:rolleyes:[/b] [/font]
[font=Century Gothic][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][b]The information on pricing etc. is:[/b][/font]

[b]Itinerary
[/b]Day 1 - Seattle, Washington
Day 2 - At Sea
Day 3 - Juneau, Alaska
Day 4 - Skagway, Alaska
Day 5 - Tracy Arm Scenic Cruising
Day 6 - Ketchikan, Alaska
Day 7 - Victoria, BC, Canada
Day 8 - Seattle, Washington

For additional information on these ports of call, browse Cruise Critic's [url="http://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/area.cfm?area=1"][color=#0000ff]Alaska Destination Section[/color][/url]

[b]Rates[/b]
Inside (Cat JJ): $ 939 pp
Oceanview (Cat FF): $ 1235 pp - FULLY OBSTRUCTED OV's
Balcony (Cat BB): $ 1405 pp
Mini-Suite (Cat AC): $ 1575 pp

Rates are based on double occupancy and include port charges and gov't fees.

Single (Cat JJ): $ 1639 pp

3rd/4th rates vary per category and are based on availability at time of deposit......currently:
Inside (Cat JJ): $ 509 pp
Oceanview (Cat. FF): $ 595 pp
Balcony (Cat BB): $ 679 pp
Mini-Suite (Cat AC): $ 765 pp

[b]Deposit Info[/b]
$350 pp due upon booking
Final payment due 2/21/05.

All rates above are based on per person, double occupancy and include port charges and taxes. Rates are subject to availability, so book soon to get the cabin you want.

[b]*Your Cruise Critic Group Cruise Includes:[/b]
$ 50 per cabin on-board credit
1 bottle of wine per cabin
Cruise Critic Lanyards (one per person)
Cruise Critic Magnet (one per cabin)
15% discount on all other Cruise Critic logowear

*Note: some group amenities may be based on a minimum number of full paying passengers.

For additional information about this group, contact your official Cruise Critic Group Leader: [email="carocruiser@aol.com"][color=#0000ff]Host Caroline[/color][/email]

To book this cruise contact "Kevin" at Crucon.com at 1-800-493-6609

[font=Century Gothic][color=navy]and, thanks to Lynda for posting the link:) [/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=navy][/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=navy]Now that things have wound down for Alaska 2004, it's time to be BOOKING your Alaska cruise for 2005! The [b]Diamond and Sapphire were sold out this year[/b] and it won't be long before everyone will be planning next summer's vacations.. Please feel free to email me at [/color][/font][email="Carocruiser@aol.com"][font=Century Gothic][color=navy]Carocruiser@aol.com[/color][/font][/email][font=Century Gothic][color=navy] if you have questions and to visit the Alaska message boards here on Cruise Critic for lots of info on this fabulous destination... we've been 5 times and can't wait to go back!
[/color][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
This group cruise fits right into the time frame I was looking for! I definitely wanted Seattle RT - this one is for my mom and I. I haven't cruised on Princess yet but really look forward to trying a new line. I'll definitely have to give Kevin a call on Monday.

Does anyone know if we can book a guarantee category on a group cruise, or do you have to select a cabin?

Thanks!

[size=3][color=indigo]Hi cyndepet![/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#4b0082]I hope you decide to join our group! We are two gals, sharing a cabin. We met on a CC rollcall, and a cruise last year! :D [/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#4b0082]I don't know the answer to your question, but maybe someone else might??? If not, you certainly can ask Kevin. [/color][/size]

[color=navy]I think we have found a hotel for all your pre-cruisers coming into Seattle on June 2! The [color=red][b]Red Lion[/b][/color]!! I'm working on details now... [/color]
[color=navy][/color]
[color=navy]The Alaska season gets into high gear in the late fall and ships book up .. I know many of us are distracted by, cleaning up from and warily watching hurricanes now... but check out our group page and group thread..[/color]
[color=navy][/color]
[color=navy]and REMEMBER[/color]

[center][size=4][color=teal][b]THERE ARE [u][i]NO[/i][/u] HURRICANES IN ALASKA:D :D [/b][/color][/size][/center]
[center][b][size=4][color=#008080][/color][/size][/b] [/center]

[quote name='cyndepet']This group cruise fits right into the time frame I was looking for! I definitely wanted Seattle RT - this one is for my mom and I. I haven't cruised on Princess yet but really look forward to trying a new line. I'll definitely have to give Kevin a call on Monday.

Does anyone know if we can book a guarantee category on a group cruise, or do you have to select a cabin?

Thanks![/QUOTE]
[color=navy]Hey, there. a fellow Pennsylvanian!!!:) Now you have to go.. I grew up there and will return when I retire (yes, really) so still just consider myself at temporary NC transplant. [/color]
[color=navy][/color]
[indent][color=navy][b]About the guarantee[/b], it depends on the group and that's a good question.. I booked a guarantee on a group cruise I am going on now and it may be that you can book an inside/outside guarantee on this cruise... Given [b]Kevin a call at [color=red]800-493-6609[/color]!!![/b] He's a great TA and will be very helpful. June is a great time to cruise Alaska and the Diamond is one gorgeous ship!![/color]
[/indent][color=navy][/color]
[color=navy]Let me know if you have any questions!! [/color][email="carocruiser@aol.com"]carocruiser@aol.com[/email]

[quote name='cyndepet']I talked to Kevin this afternoon and booked it! In case anyone is interested, you can book a guarantee for a group cruise. Now I guess I have to tell my mom she's going to Alaska next year![/QUOTE]
[size=3][color=indigo]Wonderful!!!!! Welcome!!!! :D [/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#4b0082]Let me know if you're interested in staying post-cruise in Victoria with us! You can email me, I think it's in my profile, and we can get acquainted. :) [/color][/size]

Archived