Is an Aft Cabin a bad idea??

MD320

For some reason, the search function is not working for me. I am cruising on Imagination on January 29th and was wondering if I should get an Aft cabin on the Empress Deck instead of the port cabin I have now about mid-ship.

I am concerned with engine vibrations, noise, pitching/rolling, etc.

For some reason, the search function is not working for me. I am cruising on Imagination on January 29th and was wondering if I should get an Aft cabin on the Empress Deck instead of the port cabin I have now about mid-ship.

I am concerned with engine vibrations, noise, pitching/rolling, etc.

Which way do you think the sewer flows on a moving vessel?

I was on the Imagination in September and had the most aft cabin on the starboard side, Main Deck. My friends had true aft cabins that looked out the back of the ship. None of us noticed any engine noise, and nobody in our group felt any extra motion. (We had 4 first timers in our group, and not a one of them had any problems with "the motion of the ocean" :D )

If you go for an oceanview cabin, the windows in the aft cabins have a nice deep ledge - good for sitting and daydreaming. :cool:

Not sure about Doting Dale's comment - never had any unusual smells in the cabins or in the hallways....no plumbing issues either....

Have a great cruise! I loved the ship and want to get back on it as soon as I can. In fact - I've been scoping that same sailing date, but nothing booked yet. :(

We had the last three cabins aft on the main deck on the starboard side. Didn't notice any movement difference, but it was QUIET back there; not a lot of traffic.

I did peek into one of the directly aft cabin to see what the view looked like. Wanted to try one of those, but never did......until I got some aft balconies.

We had the last three cabins aft on the main deck on the starboard side. Didn't notice any movement difference, but it was QUIET back there; not a lot of traffic.

I did peek into one of the directly aft cabin to see what the view looked like. Wanted to try one of those, but never did......until I got some aft balconies.

That is true - it was very quiet down there - especially for the very last cabin - the hallway ends just past the door, so no reason for anybody but room stewards and the occupants to be there.

If I do manage to finagle my way back on the Imagination, I'll probably go for one of those aft oceanviews. The only balconies on the ship are on the Cat 11s and Cat 12s. *sigh*

I'm with you Mr. Pete. The quietness of the aft cabin is just one of the things we love - as you said very little traffic, almost no hall noise or slamming doors. Once we tried an aft there has been no turning back for us. We have never had an issue with noise, vibrations, odors, etc. For us the aft is the perfect cabin.

Infact, last year on the Triumph my sister had a mid ship Cat.11 Suite. After visiting her room DH and I both said that we much preferred our aft cabin.

We just got off the Miracle a couple weeks ago and had the aft cabin. When you were on the balcony, you could here the props, but it sounded like a waterfall to me, never smelled sewer :eek: got the aft again for the Spirit Alaska, LOVE the aft cabins. Balcony's are a nice size, and very peaceful and quiet back there.

We just got off the Miracle a couple weeks ago and had the aft cabin. When you were on the balcony, you could here the props, but it sounded like a waterfall to me, never smelled sewer :eek: got the aft again for the Spirit Alaska, LOVE the aft cabins. Balcony's are a nice size, and very peaceful and quiet back there.

The Imagination does not have balconies.

But you are right, when you are sailing in the aft on a ship with balconies, it is the best!

We had an aft balcony on the Spirit and loved it. 5289

We had the interior room across the hall last week and it was good as well, except you can hear from crew noise each morning and each afternoon as they bring out the cleaning carts. It never disturbed us but that was because we were always awake before they started and they were done by the time we went to bed at 2AM. This was cabin 5291 on the Miracle.

We have never had any unpleasant odors.

If you're by the rail, yes. And they also throw things like cigarette butts. No more aft for me.

Yes, if someone is looking over the eailing they will be able to see your balcony, I have had deck 8 balconies and there is no overhead covings so when i lay on the lounge chair i can look up and see the people so i am sure they can see me.

Which way do you think the sewer flows on a moving vessel?

Dude, just like on land... It Flows Down! Into holding and treatment tanks... Do you really think they discharge raw sewage into the ocean? Maybe in your decade - the 1950's... But not since then.

Please go check the Coast Guard regulations and inspection standards.

Archived