Live From the Crown 10/18

ErinsMommy

huladoula1

Great review were leaving on the crown a week from today also on the caribe deck. Glad to here a honest review. So many people spend the whole trip bitching about things. I've read rotten reviews about hotels only to stay there and having a wonderful time. Things are going to happen no matter were you go. People are on the cruise to vacation and relax not stress over the little things. Cruises are a good value and a great experience if you don't expect more than your willing to pay for.

huladoula1

Great review were leaving on the crown a week from today also on the caribe deck. Glad to here a honest review. So many people spend the whole trip bitching about things. I've read rotten reviews about hotels only to stay there and having a wonderful time. Things are going to happen no matter were you go. People are on the cruise to vacation and relax not stress over the little things. Cruises are a good value and a great experience if you don't expect more than your willing to pay for.

You will absolutely LOVE your balcony! This was our best cruise ever & the ship is gorgeous. Take advantage of your extra balcony space as much as you can - we spent long, glorious mornings sipping our coffee out there - even brought our own coffee maker along to make sure we were well supplied. (I bought a little $7 one at a discount store before leaving & packed our favorite coffee & coffee mate). Some afternoons, we spent up on deck sunning by the pool, but after a while, we returned to our balcony - it was quiet & offered up just as much sun so why not?

With your attitude - you'll have a terrific time. With 8 kids between us, my husband & I savor every minute away from the chaos of work & family life.

Hi to another "Tina":) Ok, so maybe I didn't make my complaint obvious! So, I'll try to use my original post and your response, add a little to it, to help you understand where I was coming from....See my responses in red!

The 'fresh brewed' coffee on the coffee card is only from the coffee bar. The coffee served via room service is the same coffee you get in the dining room. "Tinaparrothead response" And the coffee in the dining room is HORRIBLE!!! See my comments in red in my original post. It would be kind of silly for the room service waiters to be running down to the coffee bar to bring you coffee from there. I guess you can say then, that whenever you are on deck and the servers have to run down to the bar to get your drink that is silly??? I've never had a problem with the room service coffee, and it's always free, so I think I don't understand the complaint?? See above and below. Did you think they would charge you for room service coffee, No I did not think they would charge for room service coffee, but I did think that buying a coffee card to just have the privledge of having fresh brewed coffee, which by the way Carnival serves and every cheap motel/hotel in America, would also mean room service coffee in the morning would be fresh brewed since, as I believe I said, is the time of day that the majority of people drink their room service coffee. or did you just flat out want "fresh brewed" and didn't want to have to go to the coffee bar to get it?Yes that is correct, I did not believe I should pay extra to get fresh brewed coffee and then be told there was only one place on the ship that you could get it.....!! Not being obtuse, just honestly don't understand your complaint?

Does that make a little more sense to you now? It's not like I'm the only one to complain about the coffee!!! Please feel free to respond if you still don't understand my complaint.....

Happy cruising!!!

Hi to another "Tina":) Ok, so maybe I didn't make my complaint obvious! So, I'll try to use my original post and add a little to it to help you understand where I was coming from....

Originally Posted by tinaparrotthead

I completely agree with that!! I was not exactly happy about the "Coffee Card" ACTUALLY, it was the sludge Princes lovingly refers to as "coffee" that is served in the dining room, room service, and everywhere else on the ship. Before we went on our 1st Princess Cruise on the Golden in 04, I read these boards a lot and learned by all who had cruised Princess that the coffee was horrible. Most everyone suggested that you take along Folgers Singles which I did and I was glad of it....the coffee really was as bad as they said. But then, I one of those people that actually like coffee which is why I intended to purchase the coffee card in order to get fresh brewed coffee. but was going to purchase just to get brewed coffee. Then I learned that the coffee card does not include room service coffee. I find that ridculous! Charge you for brewed coffee, then tell you it doesn't apply to the main time of day that most people want brewed coffee....in the room, in the morning......I wrote to them, not that it will do any good, and asked why they couldn't change that! Of course, I don't have an answer! Even the cheapest motel have fresh brewed coffee! Carnival has decent brewed coffee, FREE, even for room service! :mad::mad: And I'm NOT a Carnival fan!

Archived