Grandeur Dining -- Early or Late Seating

Huck Finn

Leaving New Orleans on December 30. It looks like we may have to tender at 2 out of the 3 ports. For those who have gone, is it better to opt for the later seating or does it matter? We really don't want to be rushed to get back onto the ship, but is everyone generally back onboard early anyway?

One is not better than the other. It's just a matter of preference. If you are interested in staying out for the last minute during port days, if you enjoy watching the ship leave port, you like the shows earlier and don't mind eating late, choose the late dinner seating. If you are back at the ship earlier, would rather watch the shows after dinner, are an early riser and don't like to eat late, choose the early seating.

Personally, DH and I choose the early seating. We are early risers and don't really get into the nightlife. Early seating tends to have more "young" guests, but we have yet to be "bothered" with that.

Leaving New Orleans on December 30. It looks like we may have to tender at 2 out of the 3 ports. For those who have gone, is it better to opt for the later seating or does it matter? We really don't want to be rushed to get back onto the ship, but is everyone generally back onboard early anyway?

Huck, My wife and I have the early seating, we find that works best for us, we have done both but prefer the early seating. Also look at your schedule, only at Costa Maya will you be in port late 8:00 P.M, the other ports will be only until 4:00 PM. and you will want to get back about 3:00 so you do not miss the boat. Hope this helps.

Ozzie63:D :D :D

This is pretty much a matter of personal preference. We always choose late dining. We enjoy a cocktail or two before dinner rather than after. We like to watch the ship sail out of whatever port we are in, and it is nice to take our time getting ready for dinner rather than scurrying there. But it seems most people prefer the early seating as it always fills up first. Our first cruise someone suggested that we do the early dinner (which we did) so we would be hungry for the midnight buffet - but after a day or two no matter what time you eat you aren't hungry late at night. I also like going to the early shows which they often do before dinner for the late seating - after a big meal I tend to fall asleep if I sit watching a performance.

Archived