Need update on old question and one new one.

jonmar

I did the search but the results seem to be dated. On QM2, can you get a soft drink pass? The first time I was onboard you could buy a sticker that went on your card and then last summer this was discontinued. Can someone who has been onboard recently advise if it has been reinstated?

New question, is room service food billed at an extra cost? I've been on twice, never ordered anything to the room, but my wife seems to think it is included, while I think you would have to pay for room service. Who is correct? Thanks.

Can't help you with your first question. I only drink soft drinks at baseball games; at sea, I stick to wine.

As for your second question, there is no extra charge for room service. Unless you order something that would be extra charge wherever you have it, e.g. caviar (sadly).

Paul

On our 12 day cruise on QM 2 in June you could buy a softdrink pass. It was about $4.00 USD per day and you have to buy the pass for the entire cruise.

We had room service breakfast one morning and sandwiches one night, no charge for either.

I would have liked to get a pass for the rum and coke but none was offered.

Just home after 12 days on the QM2 and breakfast in the room (that's the only room service we used) had no extra charge but we did tip the server a couple bucks cash every morning.

FYI: If you order the hot breakfast, you can cross out some of the things yu may not want. Also, you can write in something you do want--oatmeal, croissant-- and that is delivered as well.

We've just completed a very successful TA - I'd give anything to be back on board.

Both our children had soda passes, which we bought on the first day at any of the bars. it worked out around $54 for both of them. I noticed that in one of the daily programmes it advertised them as also available for adults.

We had breakfast in bed one morning after a late night. You specified a 15 minute window on the card and they phone you as it is leaving the kitchen. There was a great choice and no charge.

My teenage daughter had room service one night, as she was getting ready to go out to meet her friends. It arrived very quickly - at no charge - and smelt absolutely delicious.

Archived