#### LIVE FROM THE CORAL #### (Starting 10/23)

JotWorld

OK, changed our mind about going to the Bordeaux DR tonight for Italian Dinner, we were a little late, 6:35 & didn't want to mess with the early crowds, so..........................
We went over to the Bayou, hadn't tried it yet & it was on the list of todos Turned out to be a Excellent choice!

Started with a Basic bottle of Red Wine, I had a glass w/ Irene tonight, usually don't do it, as it bothers me, but I like it:D Then:.......BBQ Gator Ribs,
(1st time - Great, but not much meat & a lot of work) then... Shrimp, Lobster & Crab Bisque(Wow, Excellent); then, Southern Salad(Yummy); then..... Garlic & Mustard New York Strip(MR) w/ Bone in(Wow,Wow,Wow what a Great tasting Steak/Sauce, Best I've ever had, I wish it was twice as big:D (I love Steak) Dirty Rice(OK, not as good as I use to get at Bo Jangles, an old fast food place, yrs ago), Fried Green Tomatoes(Excl per Irene), ??Potatoes(Good), & ??Slaw(Good); then........ & then.....:D Chocolate Pecan Fudge Cake,(Shame on them, I wanted to eat it ALL, but it would have Killed Me:(, there was No Cake, only the shape was a cake.
Pure Chocoholic Delight!:eek: [B][I][U]LIVE from the Coral[/U][/I][/B]: Bill

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black]Hi,
I'm enjoying your post.
Had a question??? Will be doing the Panama Canal in Feb. What is the weather like? does anyone know.. thanks..
Enjoy your cruise.. sounds like fun, can't wait:)
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='mississauga']Bill,
What are gator ribs?[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Mary........you really want to know? Gator = alligator.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]P.S. Mom is NOT an upgrade! :) (private to Mary from another post)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Arlene[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='mstea'][COLOR=blue][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black]Hi,
I'm enjoying your post.
Had a question??? Will be doing the Panama Canal in Feb. What is the weather like? does anyone know.. thanks..
Enjoy your cruise.. sounds like fun, can't wait:)
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/quote]

Mstea, Thanks for coming along;) THe Weather doesn't Really Change Temp wise, but Feb will see more rain, but we were there in Jan/Feb 2004 and had Dry Days, but not normally. Use a Dart board to find out for sure:D My Best! [B][I][U]Bill LIVE from the Coral[/U][/I][/B]

[B][I][U]Grand Cayman - LIVE Coral Princess - Arrived 6:AM EST, TENDER PORT[/U][/I][/B]

Carvinal - Imagination is along side.

Weather - Sunny, Hot, & Humid ;)

Going ashore about 9:15 for a Trolley Ride & a walk if it isn't too Hot:confused:

Got my Hi Octane in my tank, along with 3 Mini Pastries (Yummy).

My First Major:D Complaint, the La Pasterie Lady, not my Fav Suzanne, was kinda looking around & wasting time,(No Prob but),asked me what I wanted(Not real nice & I was Smiling) I asked her for a Lg togo Cup of my Hi-Octane & she ashed Black?(not very Nice & I'm still smiling) then she went over to the POT it was EMPTY(OMG) Now I'm Not smiling anymore:( ,
then she says come back(No Please) in 5 minutes:mad: ! Well my first complaint & not too bad for the 7th Day at Sea. Later Live from the Coral Bill

Bill, the attitude of personnel in the Patisserie was our only complaint on the Island Princess last year. Coincidence??? Luckily for us, a waiter from Crooners rotated to the P. about half way through our sailing, and he was wonderful. But he also mentioned that most of them don't like working the P., because they get a lot less tips there than working the bars. No excuse, but maybe an explanation?

Have a wonderful day in Georgetown.

Bill, After reading your report on the Bayou, that is a MUST do on our list. My nickname when I was a kid was "chocolate" because I always wanted chocolate candy, cake, milk, etc. That chocolate fudge pecan
(non)cake sounds like my piece of "cake". :)

Boy, I think I have gained 20lbs. just reading about all the good food you have had. Will need to hit the ship's gym for sure each day when I start actually sampling all those goodies.

Char

Bill, Thank you so much for your reports. We are going on the Coral next April and I can't wait! The Bayou sounds wonderful, Shrimp, Lobster & Crab Bisque!! Oh Yeah!!
Really appreciate your posting even with the frustration of the computers. Hope you enjoyed Grand Cayman today.

Dianne

[quote name='threecats']Bill, the attitude of personnel in the Patisserie was our only complaint on the Island Princess last year. Coincidence??? Luckily for us, a waiter from Crooners rotated to the P. about half way through our sailing, and he was wonderful. But he also mentioned that most of them don't like working the P., because they get a lot less tips there than working the bars. No excuse, but maybe an explanation?

Have a wonderful day in Georgetown.[/quote]

Yah, No Excuse, but still a Good Explanation, Suzzane wasn't so Friendly either, b/4 I left a Couple Crispy $1.00's :D on the Counter, as my Coffee is "Free" w/ the Card. BTW, did I mention the DR coffee is also Syrup:( , but better Syrup than the Horizon, per Suzzane! Thanks again for your Comments & Help!;) My Best! Bill

[quote name='cat0341']Bill, After reading your report on the Bayou, that is a MUST do on our list. My nickname when I was a kid was "chocolate" because I always wanted chocolate candy, cake, milk, etc. That chocolate fudge pecan
(non)cake sounds like my piece of "cake".

Boy, I think I have gained 20lbs. just reading about all the good food you have had. Will need to hit the ship's gym for sure each day when I start actually sampling all those goodies.

Char[/quote]

Yup, It's a Killer alright, don't forget to order the Signature Choc Princess Dessert every nite.:D Also, another killer #1;) Gym, oh please don't mention the Gym:D (Tony are you listening:D ) My Best! Bill

[quote name='Sea Fan']Bill, Thank you so much for your reports. We are going on the Coral next April and I can't wait! The Bayou sounds wonderful, Shrimp, Lobster & Crab Bisque!! Oh Yeah!!
Really appreciate your posting even with the frustration of the computers. Hope you enjoyed Grand Cayman today.

Dianne[/quote]

Hi, Had a Great short trip, today, thanks!;) Yeah, the Bisque was the Best & the Steak. :D Yup, the computer software/server prob is a pain, but they will fix it soon, or else, the computers are still going down, like flies & locking up(Even worse than the reboots), and then you have to wait for the pruser's desk to come up, most of the time, can't get on another until they reboot you, as your clock is still ticking. Ok, thanks for letting me Vent! & Thanks for coming along! My Best! Bill

[quote name='mamag']Bill, thank you for taking the time to post your live thread. I look forward to reading further about your wonderful cruise.:)[/quote]

Your Welcome & Thanks so much for coming along!:D My Best! Bill;)

[B][I][U]The Coral Princess at Grand Cayman,[/U][/I][/B] in the Rain(Light) leaving in 10 min to Cozumel, Mexico 3:00PM.

Another Hot, Humid:( , & partly cloudy day in the Caribe.(Typical) Left for the Tender at 9:30 to pier to catch the Jolly Roger Tram Tour $24, 3 times, all sold out, about 60+ min, was good, there was a nice breeze, it helped as the tram, pulled by a jeep was wide open:D This would have been better if they had added $5.00, Make it $29.00 & include a Mai Tai, or similiar:D w/or w/o booze. to start the hour out, but probably is a licensing prob After the one hour tour of the city streets & banker's row, & row & row(Remember there are 350+ Banks in Grand Cayman(George Town), we went for a Drink, at a upper level watering hole w/ a veiw of the Whole Harbour & Ships. Inspiration, Imagination, Royal Caribe?
& Coral(THe only pretty one:) ) THis place is all Brand New, it was Practically leveled two years ago Sept '04 with IVAN the Terrible 165 MPH #5 Hurricane, withy Gusts to 240 MPH (Wow a Real Baddie):( , it was a mess when we were here in Feb 05, only one upper deck was open barely & you had to watch where to walked! cut.......................... BRB Bill

[quote name='JotWorld'][B][I][U]The Coral Princess at Grand Cayman,[/U][/I][/B] in the Rain(Light) leaving in 10 min to Cozumel, Mexico 3:00PM.

Another Hot, Humid , & partly cloudy day in the Caribe.(Typical) Left for the Tender at 9:30 to pier to catch the Jolly Roger Tram Tour $24, 3 times, all sold out, about 60+ min, was good, there was a nice breeze, it helped as the tram, pulled by a jeep was wide open This would have been better if they had added $5.00, Make it $29.00 & include a Mai Tai, or similiar w/or w/o booze. to start the hour out, but probably is a licensing prob After the one hour tour of the city streets & banker's row, & row & row(Remember there are 350+ Banks in Grand Cayman(George Town), we went for a Drink, at a upper level watering hole w/ a veiw of the Whole Harbour & Ships. Inspiration, Imagination, Royal Caribe?
& Coral(THe only pretty one ) THis place is all Brand New, it was Practically leveled two years ago Sept '04 with IVAN the Terrible 165 MPH #5 Hurricane, withy Gusts to 240 MPH (Wow a Real Baddie) , it was a mess when we were here in Feb 05, only one upper deck was open barely & you had to watch where to walked! cut.......................... BRB Bill[/quote]

Ok, I have to keep cutting or I'll lose my post, this Software/Sys stinks:mad:
We've pulled up anchor, just heard it, check the Cam we should be leaving for Coz, now.

LUNCH: Tricolor Pasta Salad, Good; Egg Drop Soup, Good, Beef Stew Burgingnon(sp)?? Excellent:D & NO Dessert(Told him to save the Rocky Road IC for tonight;) ) & a Bud Light in it's New Blue Metal Bottle Cool:cool: Man!(And Good, after a Hot trip ashore) Tonight is the Formal Night:( , ugh! & the Last Big Production Show - Tribute at 8:45 & 10:30PM.
Also the Princess Waterfall in the Lobby tonight at 11:30PM
Till later from the Beautiful Coral Princess in the Caribe toward Cozumel! Bill

[quote name='JotWorld']... leaving in 10 min to Cozumel, Mexico 3:00PM.[/quote] Bill, you posted this at about 2:00 pm CST. Did you not set the clocks back for end of Daylight Savings Time last weekend? Was it 2:00 pm in GC as well, or 3:00 pm? I am completely confused ...:o

[quote name='threecats']Bill, you posted this at about 2:00 pm CST. Did you not set the clocks back for end of Daylight Savings Time last weekend? Was it 2:00 pm in GC as well, or 3:00 pm? I am completely confused ...:o[/quote]

Hi Threecats, We are on EST Now, we are Early, so that we won't change to again this trip, Not CST:D
We only changed once, & don't change back because of Daylight Savings time ending, OK?(We got a free hour sota, just like you) ;) My Best! Bill

[quote name='coiran']Did the ship change to port time at all ports?

Ron[/quote]

Ron,
No, not at Limon, Costa Rica, [B][U][I]we stayed on Ship Time[/I][/U][/B], Limon was a Hour earlier than us.;)

We only changed Once & Didn't have to change back, because DST Changed at the Same time:D

Bill

[B][I][U]Hi all, Great Dinner & Show tonight on the Coral[/U][/I][/B]
[B][I][/I][/B]
Formal Dinner: At a Nice Table for Six at the Window in the Corner.
Started with Smoked Wild Salmon(Good);Asparagus Bisque w/ Crab(Excellent);Ceasar Salad(Good); Twin African Lobster Tails w/ Drawn
Butter(Excellent, Yummy);) & Irena brought me another Single tail ;) & the 2 to the Man next to me.(No Prob);Fresh Steamed Vegies & Rice(good) & A Chocolate Duet Mousse(White & Dark), Illegal again:D w/ a scoop of Hazelnut Ice Cream(Excellent) cut........... Bill

[quote name='JotWorld'][B][I][U]Hi all, Great Dinner & Show tonight on the Coral[/U][/I][/B]

Formal Dinner: At a Nice Table for Six at the Window in the Corner.
Started with Smoked Wild Salmon(Good);Asparagus Bisque w/ Crab(Excellent);Ceasar Salad(Good); Twin African Lobster Tails w/ Drawn
Butter(Excellent, Yummy) & Irena brought me another Single tail & the 2 to the Man next to me.(No Prob);Fresh Steamed Vegies & Rice(good) & A Chocolate Duet Mousse(White & Dark), Illegal again w/ a scoop of Hazelnut Ice Cream(Excellent) cut........... Bill[/quote]

[B][I][U]The 8:15 Spotlight Show in the Princess Theater - DAN HORN, Stand up Ventriloquist "Laugh Till you Face Falls Off"[/U][/I][/B]
(Actual results may vary:D)
We had seen him on Princess in 2004, he filled up the Theater & No one left, & Some Faces Did Fall Off:D, Very, Very, Excellent
(The Singer last nite was Lousey, left after the 2nd song began:( ) later
off to the other show will report back later Live from The Coral, Bill

Archived