#### LIVE FROM THE CORAL #### (Starting 10/23)

JotWorld

Hello,

I have a couple of quick questions for those on the Coral. We are booked on the Dec. 12 sailing. How crowded are the evening shows? I assume they are offered twice each evening. Is one show time more crowded, in general, than the other time? We have heard they are standing room only and one must get there 30-45 minutes early to get a seat. Also, we have late traditional dining. Are the shows planned around the traditional dining seatings or will late traditional conflict with some of the show times? Thank you.

Ed

Hi there!

We sailed with you the 1st 10 days! It was a pleasure meeting you. John & I are very jealous that you get to cruise SO MUCH.

I'm so glad to read your posts, makes me miss the ship a bit less:( .

Anyway, I'd like to ask you a favor. When you have a spare minute, could you go to the Patisserie bar and ask Suzanne for the recipe for her wonderful drink the BRAZILINHA? She "forced" me to try it the 3rd nite on the ship, and I gotta say I had a few every day, it's my new favorite!

Thanx & keep up all the great posts. We havent scheduled our next cruise yet, so the CC boards are a lot of fun!

Warmly,

Amy

Hi there!

We sailed with you the 1st 10 days! It was a pleasure meeting you. John & I are very jealous that you get to cruise SO MUCH.

It was my pleasure!:)

I'm so glad to read your posts, makes me miss the ship a bit less .

Thank you!

Anyway, I'd like to ask you a favor. When you have a spare minute, could you go to the Patisserie bar and ask Suzanne for the recipe for her wonderful drink the BRAZILINHA?

Will do, I've written it down, she's not on this AM, may have a well deserved Day off I hope:) She is one of the best, been on Princess, many, many, years a good source of info;)

She "forced" me to try it the 3rd nite on the ship, and I gotta say I had a few every day, it's my new favorite!

I'll tell her, she Forced you:eek: !

Thanx & keep up all the great posts. We havent scheduled our next cruise yet, so the CC boards are a lot of fun!

Warmly,

Amy

Thanks again, Amy, will get back ASAP w/ Recipe:)

Bill

LIVE ON THE LOVELY CORAL PRINCESS!

My third Reboot or Freeze in 90 Mins, Lost two Posts so Far.:mad: Including a long one about the Computer Problems on Ship!(I Guess the System was listening:D )! The Head of the Computer Officers is Ruth, on Tony's Ship the Golden, Now, he needs to have a long talk with Ruth, Please encourage Tony to talk to her, if you Read both Live Threads, OK?;) (I'll be on the Golden in 22 Days & if Ruth is still on there, I'll see her Regularly until it is fixed, Fo Sure! Thank you!

Got to go to Lunch, will try these Stupid Machines, SYSTEM, Later......

I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

There I Feel MUCH BETTER!!!!!! :) Later....... Bill LIVE ON THE CORAL

Also got some New Info, & I'll can't get it posted Re: Bedding, CC, etc.

Hello again Bill,

I hope you are having a great time! Can you tell me, are the mattresses in the regular balcony cabins new as well as the sheets/duvets?

Thanks,

Julia

Ok Julia, I went to the top:), for you(Manuel, Housing Keeping Mgr on the Coral), here it is: The Mattresses are replaced New, every 2.5 Years,;) Fleet Wide on a rotating schedule. The Coral will be getting New Mattresses in May of next Year '07, for the second time.

I went upstairs & looked at my old Mini Mattress, it is a thicker, Upgraded Matress as compared with the one in my (BB)Reg Balc Now.:( However, We do not have any issues with it, & we don't have an eggcrate on it either:D

My Best! Bill

LIVE ON THE CORAL

Hi there!

I'm so glad to read your posts, makes me miss the ship a bit less .

Anyway, I'd like to ask you a favor. When you have a spare minute, could you go to the Patisserie bar and ask Suzanne for the recipe for her wonderful drink the BRAZILINHA? She "forced" me to try it the 3rd nite on the ship, and I gotta say I had a few every day, it's my new favorite!

Warmly,

Amy

This once, Just for you:) (They are not suppose to give these out, So, there will be no more recipe requests, this Leg(Everyone;) )

BRAZILINHA:)

PASSION PUREE 1oz

CACHACA (BRAZILIAN RUM) 1 1/2oz

LIMES(FRESH) 2 WEDGES

SUGAR SYRUP 1oz

Muddle limes & sugar - Add

Passion puree & Cachaca - Shake over Ice

& pour into Sugar Rimmed Glass;) (That's it) Enjoy!!:D Bill

LIVE ON THE LOVELY CORAL PRINCESS AT COSTA RICA

The Noro Virus was rampant and I heard there were more than 100 people infected . We were not . We could not touch anything at any of our meals including the buffet . Princess did their best to keep the ship sanitized even all the doors remained open so not to cross contaminate . Those infected were in their cabins for 2-4 days . The average age on the ship was 74 . We felt like kittens . One person was taken off the ship in Honolulu by ambulance . There is no pleasing some folks . IMO food , service and cabins were good . We had good weather and a great time in Hawaii . Beautiful as always . Now to the Coral....

Just asked, as Irene was a little under the weather yesterday.:( There are No reported cases on the Coral currently per my friend in the Purser's ofc.;) Envy, Thanks again for the update from Our Sister Ship The Island!:) My Best! Bill

LIVE FROM THE LOVELY CORAL PRINCESS

This once, Just for you:) (They are not suppose to give these out, So, there will be no more recipe requests, this Leg(Everyone;) )

BRAZILINHA:)

PASSION PUREE 1oz

CACHACA (BRAZILIAN RUM) 1 1/2oz

LIMES(FRESH) 2 WEDGES

SUGAR SYRUP 1oz

Muddle limes & sugar - Add

Passion puree & Cachaca - Shake over Ice

& pour into Sugar Rimmed Glass;) (That's it) Enjoy!!:D Bill

LIVE ON THE LOVELY CORAL PRINCESS AT COSTA RICA

OK, you are officialy THE BEST!!

Thank you so much & tell Suzanne thanx as well!

Warmly,

Amy

They are going to be giving more "level credit" for longer trips, as they will probably be using a scale for, Platium & Elite, as to # of total days on Princess or, the old way, and giving you the level based on whichever is higher, total # of days or # of cruises I feel like you, Hey, how many 7 Day cruises are in a 102 Day World Cruise, 3 Days short of 15(Elite all by itself) & It counts as one (1) under the current system. Not to mention my 17, 29, 34, 10, 10, etc All One's (1)'s My Best! Bill

LIVE ON THE LOVELY CORAL PRINCESS

Ok, got some addl info today, from the FCC & CCH:

1st - FCC Fernando said he spoke Face to Face Privately with Joanna the top of CC about 2 weeks ago on the Crown Princess, he noted also that there are no addl levels in the works at this time, however they are adding some more benefits to the lower tiers(not Elite) to keep them all happy I guess:D

Also was told today by the CC Host Sindy(confidentially);) , that they are Now(for the 1st time) keeping a running total of numbers of Days cruised in the CC File, wasn't kept there b/4. This is significant because, it would lend support to putting in the New system for Captain Circle Levels, per # of Days Cruised!(IMHO) ;) Later.........Got to get ready for Dinner & Show! My Best! Bill

LIVE ON THE LOVELY CORAL PRINCESS AT LIMON, COSTA RICA

It should be any day now, in fact Fernando said to me today, he was Surprised it was Not out yet, so any day now.;) Maybe Tony, can email Joanne, Head of Captain's Circle ,as I believe he mentioned her b/4 & Knows her:confused: January was Fernando's guess, as he said most changes like that are the 1st of the year!;) My Best! Bill

Thanks Bill!

Hello,

I have a couple of quick questions for those on the Coral. We are booked on the Dec. 12 sailing. How crowded are the evening shows? I assume they are offered twice each evening. Is one show time more crowded, in general, than the other time? We have heard they are standing room only and one must get there 30-45 minutes early to get a seat. Also, we have late traditional dining. Are the shows planned around the traditional dining seatings or will late traditional conflict with some of the show times? Thank you.

Ed

Hi Ed, The first(8:15PM most nights) Big Show (Usually in the Princess Theater) is Packed, Yes, you must get there at least 30+ Min b/4 to get a good seat, & No Room At All, the last 15 - 20 Min, It is half Full usually about 45 Min early, & a lot of Paxs in there 1 hr+ b/4.

The Later show at 10:15(usually) is not Sold Out, but quite full by 9:45-50

for Good Seats 1/3 way down or better.

The show are planned around the Early & Late Seating, so No Problem, with Late Seating.

My Best! Bill

LIVE ON THE LOVELY CORAL PRINCESS AT SEA (DAY16)

We loved both the Coral AND the Island...my favorite Princess ships by far! Now I am REALLY off to bed...

Ours also, so far!;) Hope you got a Great Nights sleep, the First Few days back are always rough:( My Best! Thanks for checking in again! Bill

You're always Welcome! Did you see my small Update Today (two posts above) Re: Captain's Circle? My Best! Bill

LIVE FROM THE CORAL

I did. And thanks for that also. I wouldn't miss one of your posts. Now I'm going to be checking the Princess site daily to see if I can find the notice. If I come across anything I'll post the link. I'm sure they will also be sending out emails. I can't wait to see what the new plan is.

I did. And thanks for that also. I wouldn't miss one of your posts. Now I'm going to be checking the Princess site daily to see if I can find the notice. If I come across anything I'll post the link. I'm sure they will also be sending out emails. I can't wait to see what the new plan is.

GM, Thanks for your Help & I'll let you know if I Hear anything else in that regards! My Best! Bill

LIVE ON THE CORAL PRINCESS AT SEA TOWARDS GRAND CAYMAN!

Bill, did I miss your report on the small ship through the Canal or did the computer gremlins get you again? Thanks again for all your postings.

Hi Jake, Yup, I lost a Big one(for me, the non-typer) on it yesterday AM:mad: , was going todo it last night but never came back from the Double Great Show(Saw it twice);) Will report that also later this AM, if the Sys stays friendly!:D

I Have it noted on a list, if anyone else is missing a request, please Ask,;) as I'll be posting more again, as We'll be staying on the Ship mostly here out till the 12th? Later........... Bill

Hi Jake, Yup, I lost a Big one(for me, the non-typer) on it yesterday AM , was going todo it last night but never came back from the Double Great Show(Saw it twice) Will report that also later this AM, if the Sys stays friendly!

I Have it noted on a list, if anyone else is missing a request, please Ask,;) as I'll be posting more again, as We'll be staying on the Ship mostly here out till the 12th? Later........... Bill

I can post elsewhere & be OK, but as soon as I try to do a Decent post here it Freezes or RR's:mad: Will try again Later, & give someone else this "Wonderful Machine" for Now:D My Best! Bill

"Trying very Hard" LIVE FROM THE LOVELY CORAL:) (IC DISASTER):(

Bill, I have been following your posts quite closely as I'm going to be cruising on the Coral early next year and your insights of the ships food and entertainment have been excellent..! thanks heaps.

One thing that concerns me however is that you mention quite a few of the staff members names and comments in your posts. Do you disclose that you will be quoting them word for word on the internet? If so and they are willing to give you the information that you require then I have no problems with that. However if you are not disclosing the fact that you will post their information on-line I believe that you are obtaining this information desceptively.

In your own words you have outlined that some of the information that you have talked about was given to you in confidence (specifically information from the CC host), do you think that your actions were justified? I am also concerned that you often name members of staff whether your experience was negative or positive. Most staff members are on-board for 6-10 months at a time and often are working under a lot of stress. Are you the type of passenger who will pickup on every little issue and blow it out of proportion, or will you just sit back and enjoy the cruise?

Thanks again for the information and I'm just hoping that you can stick to constructive information instead of naming and shaming crew members..

Thanks,

Frank.

Bill, did I miss your report on the small ship through the Canal or did the computer gremlins get you again? Thanks again for all your postings.

Not sure about Bill's report, but we did that trip last week. It was great! A totally different take on the Canal than from our balcony. Much more up close and personal. By coincidence, we went through the rest with the same car ship that went through the Gatun locks with the Coral earlier that morning. You can reach out and touch the sides of the lock and everything. Made us want to do the full transit. $$$$:(

geewhiz, if you're not a lawyer, you should seriously consider becoming one.:rolleyes: However, now that you mentioned it, I can see your point of getting people's consent to publishing their names and comments on this site, as it is public record. Calling Bill's behaviour deceptive, provided he didn't ask them, is going way too far, though, as that would assume he didn't ask them intentionally. He is probably just like most of us, and it didn't even occur to him. As to Bill possibly blowing things out of proportion, where in the world would you get that idea??? His posts have been nothing but upbeat, and very enjoyable. If there is the occasional negative thing happening, he never lingers on it, so it's quite obvious that he is doing nothing like that. Well, maybe except for the internet cafe, but the way those machines apparently keep rebooting randomly, I can't blame him.

Bill, keep up the good "work"!!!:)

Geepers, Geewhiz! Sorry, I just couldn't resist that. Good point made about naming names but since this is such a "call it as you see it" kind of thread, do you really think any legal injustices are being made here? I don't recall seeing anything written in quotations and just as any good reporter would do, he does reveal his source and site his information and mostly all in good fun cruise fashion. I am really enjoying this thread!

Archived