Carnival Glory-11 18 Plane to ship time

bitner4

I was not sure to put this here or on air board but wanted to speak with Carnival cruisers!These boards have been great! I do have a question though. We just received our tickets, etc... We arrive at Orlando airport at 125 PM. Our ship embarks at 400. We booked through Carnival because they guaranteed to get us to the ship. We have voucher in our book for Mears shuttle. This just seems tight to make itto the ship to me, by the time we get luggage, check in at ship, etc...Worst case scenario...Has anyone missed embarkation and how did they get you to the ship? Thanks.

I was not sure to put this here or on air board but wanted to speak with Carnival cruisers!These boards have been great! I do have a question though. We just received our tickets, etc... We arrive at Orlando airport at 125 PM. Our ship embarks at 400. We booked through Carnival because they guaranteed to get us to the ship. We have voucher in our book for Mears shuttle. This just seems tight to make itto the ship to me, by the time we get luggage, check in at ship, etc...Worst case scenario...Has anyone missed embarkation and how did they get you to the ship? Thanks.

Dear Bitner:

I actually work at the airport meeting people like yourself for Mears! Most days, oour last bus out leaves as late as 2:30. If your flight is on time, you should have no problem. If your flight is delayed and you come in after the last bus, Carnival or the airline will make arrangements to get you to the ship (as long as you can get there before 4:00, which is when the ship usually leaves). If you purchased your transportation from Carnival, they will make sure to get you there. If you bought it through a TA, you will be on your own and the cost for a taxi is around $100.

Hope this helps! Let me know what airline you are coming in on as I might be the one to Meet & Greet you!

It'll be approximately 45min. to an hour. We did it

in '03 for Disney. We were wondering why we weren't leaving yet

when we saw 1 of the Disney busses come whipping around the

port and stop as close to the ship as possible. Then a few

people went to the bus to help with the luggage as the people

went through the security scanner, fastest ever and then they on

via the cargo door.

We did indeed book flights through Carnival for that very reason! We will be in on Delta Airlines flight 0693. Accordding to ticket someone from Mears will be at baggage claim? It would be great to meet you there! We are the Bitner family! This puts my mind at ease! Thanks.

Recently did the same thing - afternoon arrival with transfers through Carnival (Mears Transportation). It was fine. There was someone at baggage from Carnival to direct you to the waiting area to hop on the bus. I think I waited in the terminal maybe 15 minutes hoped on the bus and was in Port Canaveral within 45 minutes. Didn't have to collect our luggage from the bus either. The porters came right to the bus and took our bags off the bus.

It was quick and efficient.

Our bus driver on the return was a lady, can't remember her name this morning, maybe Tammy, she was as funny as could be. Great service from Mears. Would do this again.

We did indeed book flights through Carnival for that very reason! We will be in on Delta Airlines flight 0693. Accordding to ticket someone from Mears will be at baggage claim? It would be great to meet you there! We are the Bitner family! This puts my mind at ease! Thanks.

Darn..I work the other side (A-side) of the airport, but you will be met by Joe (big lanky guy..lol) right after you get off the escalator. We have buses that leave from each side of the airport. Don't fret, you will be fine!! When you get in, tell Joe to call me on his phone to make sure you got there!!

Archived