Beach/local shops on own?

bitner4

Cruising Carnival Glory 11/18. After reading the message boards (thanks to all for this site!), I am strongly considering going to beach via cab or port tour rather through ship. We have a 6 and 10 year old. What beach do you recommend for food/drinks but also fun for kids and relatively close to ship. Possibly do some local shopping also in beach area. Thanks! Any guidance on transport, safety, tips and who to ask for at beach/resorts would be awesome!

It's all the same small area. You just by a ticket ($3 per person), hop on a bus and they drop you off at the beach area (Mahajual). This is about a five to 10 minute ride from the ship. You don't need a private tour. Just walk along the beach and when you see something you like, go there. I liked Pez Quadro--all the way at the end of the road.

Cruising Carnival Glory 11/18. After reading the message boards (thanks to all for this site!), I am strongly considering going to beach via cab or port tour rather through ship. We have a 6 and 10 year old. What beach do you recommend for food/drinks but also fun for kids and relatively close to ship. Possibly do some local shopping also in beach area. Thanks! Any guidance on transport, safety, tips and who to ask for at beach/resorts would be awesome!

Reference this thread for a good map ... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=429315

The entire town is one big beach/flea market on the east side of the street and businesses on the west. You can get local transport at the rear of the dock shopping complex. I seem to recall it is $3 per person to get a shuttle bus into town from the port with the return trip being $2 per person by cab. Take the shuttle all the way to the north end of town near the Cat's Meow and just stroll along until you find someplace you like.

My family headed straight for Pez Quadro. Bar & food service, loungers, tables and shade right on the beach. Restaurant and restroom across the street. The water is crystal clear and shallow for quite a ways out.

Quite a few of the crew from our ship spent the day at Pez Quadro too.

Enjoy!

Archived