Any thoughts on Dive Aruba? Good & Bad?

CVL105

Just emailed Dive Aruba to check availability for a 2 tank morning dive for when we cruise to the island. Anyone have any experience with the company, good and/or bad?

Do you suggest another company instead?

Thanks!

We've been with Clive at Dive Aruba twice. The first time was last spring off the Empress of the Seas, and again last week ago off Radiance of the Seas. I was sure that I had posted a review of the spring trip on this board, but can't find it at the moment.

Since both port days were Wednesdays, we dove the Jane Sea wreck and Barcadera reef. I'm really not a wreck person, but the Jane Sea is quite nice, with lots of growth and critters, and no current. Barcadera reef is just fabulous! (and we did an hour and 15 minutes). Hopefully, I will get pictures up this weekend if the card survived another flood.

Clive will pick you up at the turn-around just outside the port gate at 8:45am, and he will drop you back off there early in the afternoon.

Clive has a smaller boat and takes only a few divers, which we particularly enjoy. The spring trip was 3 divers, and last week was 7 divers. He did limit us to an hour and 15 minutes on the reef dive, though ;)

If you're looking for a large boat, larger groups, or shorter time limits, then Pelican or Red Sail might be more to your taste.

Have a great trip, and tell Clive that Wendy and Keith from Florida say hi!

Wendy

dive pix

http://community.webshots.com/user/wendyandkeith

Just heard back from Clive and we are reserved with him for a Friday. Which means we'll be doing the Sonesta Airplane wreck and the Bali Borge Reef.

Anyone been to these dive sites?

Ooooh I can't wait!

Just heard back from Clive and we are reserved with him for a Friday. Which means we'll be doing the Sonesta Airplane wreck and the Bali Borge Reef.

Anyone been to these dive sites?

My very first warm water dive was the Sonesta Airplane 5 years ago. I was a little disappointed that the airplane wasn't intact, but that was my only disappointment. The rest of the dive was quite enjoyable.

CVL105,

Did ten days with Clive this past June. The Sonesta airplanes were pretty cool, though we saw more critters away from the wrecks. Keep your eyes open for rockfish. There are a lot of eels in Aruba, also saw lobsters. We also did this site at night. It was better at night than during the day. But we had already done the site during the day, which made finding our way around the wrecks easy. Boy! That was a crowded nigh dive too. Turns out that our group of four plus Clive picked up a couple of Mermaid Dive company's people. Not sure why they followed us, but they surfaced with us on Clive's boat. What a site! The Mermaid boat was on its way back to the harbor apparantly not knowing that they were missing two divers. So Clive called the Mermaid boat and told them to come and get their people. Well, at least the divers surfaced with someone. Mermaid is the cattle boat version to be sure. Clive's boat is quite small. So, take your Dramimine. The seas are rougher down by the planes. We had people over the side of his boat all week. He brings Capri Suns and fruit. So if you want crackers to settle your stomach or water you will have to bring that. What we like most about Clive, is that he treats you like the certified diver you are. He will often go back to his boat and leave you to finish your tank while he gets the boat ready for the next site or prepares to pick you from a drift dive. Truly an enjoyable experience. You will hava a blast!

Archived