need hotel info near lax & honolulu please

ramrax4

Hi all,

we are booked on carnival Spirit 10/01/07, Honolulu to Ensenada, will be traveling w/dh, 2 sons 17 & 18 yrs. We plan to arrive @LAX 1 day prior to flight & 1 day prior to embarkation in Honolulu. Appreciate any info re: hotel info for both! Also, Anyone ever heard of ATA airlines:confused: found quotes for airfare rates considerably cheaper on this carrier, is it safe to book flights on line? What good or bad experiences have you had? All recommendations appreciated:D thanks!

Hi all,

we are booked on carnival Spirit 10/01/07, Honolulu to Ensenada, will be traveling w/dh, 2 sons 17 & 18 yrs. We plan to arrive @LAX 1 day prior to flight & 1 day prior to embarkation in Honolulu. Appreciate any info re: hotel info for both! Also, Anyone ever heard of ATA airlines:confused: found quotes for airfare rates considerably cheaper on this carrier, is it safe to book flights on line? What good or bad experiences have you had? All recommendations appreciated:D thanks!

I guess I posted in wrong place:( After having researched the posts I realize they(my questions) are obviously in the wrong area since no one has replied.:eek:

Nope you are in the right place, it just takes a while longer here...

Also lots of people were "out" due to Halloween weekend...

First of all ATA book at your own risk...

I have flown them a few times, and there is a reason for the low price - no service or bad service...

I had a couple of good flights with them, but too many bad service problems so it's not worth it for saving the money for me anymore.

I'd rather be sure that they allow my luggage on the flight, and don't lose it...

LA hopefully you are here for more than 24 hours...

If so are you renting a car?

Do you want to shuttle somewhere so you can hang out in that homebase?

For one day home base (especially with young men-teenagers)

My top three recommendations for you are:

#1 Santa Monica

Tons of things to do and restaurants and shopping all within walking distance...

Good family starting place is www.calmarhotel.com

#2 Hollywood

If you stay at the boutique hotel www.graftononsunset.com

You are within walking (or their free car service) of tons of restaurants, clubs, the Comedy Store, Hollywood Blvd, Chinese Theater, etc.

or www.farmersdaughterhotel.com for another boutique hotel near The Grove, CBS Studios, Melrose Blvd., Fairfax Blvd restaurants and nightclubs, and also about a 5 top 10 dollar cab ride to Hollywood Blvd.

#3 Venice Beach

There's a couple of newly renovated hotels that I've found here recently, but I don't have the info yet. I'll check them out, but tons of cool daytime and night time activity here, all within walking distance...

Honolulu:

In general I would check out one of the Ohana Hotels (tons around the downtown and beach area, within walking distance of everything, and all difference price ranges)...

They may have new ownership now, and I know that a bunch have been recently renovated...

If you stay in one of the "budget" properties, you still get to use the amenities of their more expensive properties down the street...

Hope this helps as a start...

CJW

About Hawaii, we are cruising in early December with stays before and after. I'll write reviews when we return, but in planning our trip I have used Tripadvisor.com as a great resource for hotel information, lots of detailed current reviews. Current is important because there is a lot of construction and remodeling going on, which can be noisy, and other hotels have become very run down and disappointing.

Archived