favorite level?

enjive

Nah, I don't have a favorite level... generally whichever deck my cabin is on :D LOL! Being close to the Lido deck is nice, but I don't really have a preference... I like being on the higher decks, but not necessary... just depends on your personal preferences.

On the Spirit my favorite level is 4, as that is the one we are on 12/9/06. We have a warp around balcony aft 4237, catagory 11. Have heard the bedroom is seperated from the sitting area, which is great for me, as my husband snores, and I can escape. Counting the days!

how much better is ann extended deck

You mentioned in another thread that you have an AFT balcony, which is different from an extended balcony... they are deeper in the AFT... depending on which cabin you have.

Anyone have a favorite level to cruise on?any reason why?

Different ships have different names for it...but our favorite location is an aft cabin - just below the Lido deck. It is perfect...quiet....larger balcony and close to all of the things on the Lido. Yummmmm...icecream...just one flight of stairs away :D

We were on Valor last spring and were on the Lido deck-loved the location so much that we requested it for this year's trip on Liberty! However, not all ships have cabins on Lido. Last time we were all the way forward-this time we have a balcony near the lelvators. Don't know yet if that will make a difference in the noise level, but that doesn't really trouble me-I just love the convenience of it!:)

On Conquest class ships I prefer the Empress deck (deck 7) or the Panorama deck (deck 10). The Empress deck, as someone else said has cabins above and below so it is always quiet. It is also 2 decks above the Promenade deck and 2 decks below the Lido deck so I don't need to wait for the lifts. The Panorama deck is above the Lido in the front half of the ship. It also is a very quiet area. You also have easy access to the observation decks forward above the bridge. This is a favorite spot of mine when entering or leaving port.

On Spirit class ships I like the Verandah deck (deck 7) for the same reasons as stated above re: Empress deck. But if the budget can handle it the Cat. 11 aft wraparound suites are my favorite cabins on any Carnival ships. These are cabin# 4228, 4237, 6260, 6329, 7298, 7347, 8268, 8273. As others have mentioned they have separate living room and bedroom as well as a separate dressing area. The balcony is over 200 sqf. :eek: You can throw a deck private deck part out there. Some of these cabins have adjoining doors to the balcony cabin next to it. It makes a 2 bedroom suite perfect for a family of 4 or five.

We like the empress deck b/c it's sandwiched between decks with cabins so lots less noise above. Of course if you are out late partying you wont hear the noise, will you:D

I agree with making sure there are cabins above and below you. We have been on the bottom deck midship and that was nice also as there was bad weather and I couldn't feel it in our cabin. The only thing I noticed was the shower curtain moved just a little. We normally go to bed by 11-12 and are up to see the sunrise each morning as that is my favorite time.

:eek: booked on liberty april 28 07 we are booked in a 4g panorama deck 10th floor... i see the ship is almost sold out,,, but the rooms on my level are still open what does this mean... afraid not good spot or maybe its the price. i got a good deal upgrade from a 4a... whats your thoughts?

:eek: booked on liberty april 28 07 we are booked in a 4g panorama deck 10th floor... i see the ship is almost sold out,,, but the rooms on my level are still open what does this mean... afraid not good spot or maybe its the price. i got a good deal upgrade from a 4a... whats your thoughts?

Read my post above. Valor is a Conquest class ship. IMHO this is the best deck on the ship if you have an inside cabin because of the observation deck forward on deck 10.

We were on Valor last spring and were on the Lido deck-loved the location so much that we requested it for this year's trip on Liberty! However, not all ships have cabins on Lido. Last time we were all the way forward-this time we have a balcony near the lelvators. Don't know yet if that will make a difference in the noise level, but that doesn't really trouble me-I just love the convenience of it!:)

I was on Lido right next to the elevators. No issues at all. The cabins are separated from the main corridor. Hard to explain but we never had any noise issues.

I was on Lido right next to the elevators. No issues at all. The cabins are separated from the main corridor. Hard to explain but we never had any noise issues.

:) That's great to hear! And this is our first balcony. Lido is pretty high up, so it should be a good view!

We jus like the highest balcony deck we can get. Best views.

We always choose the lowest possible balcony deck to be closest to the sea, and, for sure, it has to be aft to much better see and hear the wake......it's a cruise and, for us, all about the water. It is total relaxation and escape, just looking at and listening to the sea.

Judy

Archived