Need info re: ATA

ramrax4

:confused: I'm not familiar w/this airline but found some great prices on web site! Is it safe to purchase tickets on line? Is the Airline reliable?

what about e-tickets vs paper tickets? Please help, any info would be

appreciated. Thanks :D

:confused: I'm not familiar w/this airline but found some great prices on web site! Is it safe to purchase tickets on line? Is the Airline reliable?

what about e-tickets vs paper tickets? Please help, any info would be

appreciated. Thanks :D

You will be fine. Boeing 737 and 757 planes. Some of the planes have "staggered" seating (rows not directly across from each other) which allows a little more room. ATA is a decent airline, especially to Hawaii. My best friend flies them to Hawaii out of LAX 5-6 times per year. She complains about everything, but I have not heard one peep about ATA.

Almost all airlines issue e tickets. Paper tickets usually cost extra.

I used to be a flight attendant for ATA and rarely heard complaints from passengers. The fares are low, most people are on vacation and in a good mood and the planes are in relatively good shape. They have never had a fatality and have been in operation since 1973. Having been on the inside of the airline, I still feel completely confident flying on them as a regular passenger. Hope that helps:)

Last year we purchased tickets from ATA Chicago to Miami. The route was cancelled. I just happened to go in and check our flights. The flights were no longer showing. I called ATA and was told the Chicago -Miami route had been cancelled. Well ATA had an agreement to rescheduled this route with Southwest. Southwest called me 2 days before departure for our cruise to reschedule the flights. I was on the telephone for a week trying to get our flight reschedule with ATA and Southwest. Well Southwest said they could only reschedule me when they got to my name on the list. They were working the flights in date order, but i dont see how when my lflight leaves in 2 days and you call to rebook. Also theses routes had been cancelled well in advanced of at least 2 weeks a head of time. We were never notified by ATA. Had I not checked I would into our flights we would have never known anything and possible we would not have made it to Miami in time to board the ship. Well needless to say we rebooked with Airtran. We (8) of us could not take the chance that Southwest would not have enough space for all us on a flight to get us to Miami in time for the cruise. I will never ever use ATA again. The customer service was horrible and I mean HORRIBLE. We were flexible willing to leave a day before and fly into other cities providing they shuttle us to MIAMI. They want us to pay for the shuttle to Miami from the other cities. Well got a refund finally after about 2 weeks. I understand things happen but ATA need to make good for their services that we purchased and they were unable to deliver. Oh yea they offered refunds that wouldnt hit the credit card for two weeks. Although we had more credit to purchase tickets for everyone on Airtran, but what if other people couldnt do that. This is just my thought on ATA. Someonelse could have used them and never had a problem. I probably would have used them again but the customer services left a bad lasting memory in my mind.

Sweetnlow

Archived