Candles - Allowed or Not?

lls-con

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
Ah Pete - yes, that wonderful ignore button! I had a 'stalker' on here for awhile, making snide remarks about me with every posting, and one of the posts in this thread mentioned him ... otherwise, I'd never know he's still around. I put him on IGNORE quite awhile ago. Maybe if he sees this, he'll get the message that I'm not even seeing his posts.;)

How does the ignore button work? Just curious.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
OK, I've slept on this whole candle thing & I totally 100% agree with myself. Go down to your nearest Bed,Bath & Beyond & look at all they have to offer in the night lights,OK?

Happy Cruising!!

See!!! Early in the morning!!! Ha! ha! Ha! I am not going to have to eagerly anticipate your posts. You always make me laugh out loud!!!!:D

You are so silly!!!!:p

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
:D If they never answer you does that mean they all have you on "ignore?":D

ha! ha! Ha! could be!!! You got the joke of this post!!! He! He! he!:p

That oh so vicious Gang of CC strikes again!!!:eek: Oh well!!!

But for real. I see the button. What I don't get is if I block someone and someone else quote's that first someone, do I not see the second someone's post because first someone, whom I have blocked, comment has been included in the second someone's post. Do I lose all posts that make any reference to the first someone (hereinafter referred to as the "Blockee") or just their direct posts and if the Blockee quotes the person who has blocked them (hereinafter referred to as the "Blocker"), does the Blocker not see the response made by the Blockee and wouldn't that be confusing to the Blocker to only be able to see part of the thread's flow rather than the whole thing. Wouldn't it be easier to just not read the posts by the Blockee so that the Blocker is not damaging his/her own ability to be an informed member of an interesting thread?

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! It can get pretty complicated.:D

I wanted to bring a small votive candle for romantic purposes and for the good smell. Are candles allowed, or would they be considered a fire hazard? If not allowed, does anyone have any other suggestions for setting romantic lighting?

Just last night I saw the electric candles (that even flicker) in Home Depot.

CC can't block her. She is one of the group leaders for several of their cruises. That is part of her problem. She really believes that this board is her own little world. Notice how she likes to call "her friends" by their real names. That is another form of board intimidation. They start to talk to just each other which freezes everyone else out. Read the last few posts. They are talking to each other and not to the board. It is a way to grab control.

Now' date=' I have to put in my $.02 worth.......I have just been shaking my head reading this thread. It has gotten to the ridiculous stage..........:cool: (My eyes started getting crossed after page 3. I admit I did not read the entire thread, but still wanted to chime in...........)

I have been on this board for a few years now.........I have "known" goincruisin from both here at CC and several other cruise boards. She is not a "control freak" by any stretch of the imagination. She is a very sweet girl that I consider an "e-friend".

Not everyone on these boards is going to "like" each other, or get along with each other. That's normal---I can't imagine that you get along with everyone "in real life", either. :rolleyes:

What is nice about CC is that you (or anyone else) is free to put someone that they don't like "[b']on ignore[/b]". It is a great feature and one that I have been fored to use twice over the last several years!

It's simple and easy to do, and then you don't "see" their posts on the threads. That way, you can ignore them and still read posts from other people and the thread stays alive and well for others to enjoy.

If someone hits the "dreaded triangle", then the Mods may come in and lock or delete the whole thread, and that is always a shame for someone to tattle and report someone they don't like or don't agree with their opinion.

Anyways, just wanted to remind folks that the "ignore" button is there for a reason.

I think the "dreaded triangle" is necessary when a poster becomes verbally abusive and offensive to an individual or group. Goin' cruisin is not the problem here.

I agree with you on one point, but have to disagree on the other.

I haven't read the whole thread. Too much reading. But maybe someone else has suggested this.

Get small lights (like a small string of Christmas lights) for mood.

Get one of the candle warmers instead of open flame for scent. That also makes your candles last a LOT longer :D

Or bring air spray for the scent.

Or just ditch the romance and go at it like bunnies every chance ya get!

Thanks for the fun the last few days. I will miss you all.

I have my box of candles and my devil suit and am leaving in 15 minutes for the Pride. BTW will they provide you with matches for the candles at the purser’s desk? Mexico via Long Beach, here I come. :) :) :)

Pastor Jim

I haven't read the whole thread. Too much reading. But maybe someone else has suggested this.

Get small lights (like a small string of Christmas lights) for mood.

Get one of the candle warmers instead of open flame for scent. That also makes your candles last a LOT longer :D

Or bring air spray for the scent.

Or just ditch the romance and go at it like bunnies every chance ya get!

Sounds like a plan! :p

I spent last night trying to keep this thread on track (although I have to admit that even I went out into left field for a bit). I had alot of fun & it makes me proud to have caused anybody else to smile or maybe even cackle. But, I have to say that when I went to bed I was so heartbroken. I was embarrassed for the OP first of all. They simply asked a question that they didn't know the answer to. Things could've been worse in that they just packed the candles not knowing the dangers & had a horrible accident while onboard. I for one am SINCERELY glad they asked.

Second on my list of worries is that the 3 people arguing are all very cruise savy people & it's people that are "in the know" that causes newbies to come to this site in the first place. My point is that this OP had a question & some of the CCer's were kind enough to answer without getting rude about it. But, one of these 3 people had issues with another one & then the 3rd chimed in.....the rest is there for all to read.

Third on my list is that this argument got so far out of hand that the attack on this great country was mentioned & used as a tactic to bond 2 of these 3 people together in the fact they were both from NY. I dunno, something about since they survived 911 they were strong in unison to battle the 3rd person. How sad to use this tragedy that so many people (not only in NY...not only in this country...but throughout the entire world),have to deal with on a daily basis just to try & cut another person down.That was just a bit much....OMHO...

C'mon people! We're all in this forum for one reason..to discuss CRUISING. So, I say let's talk about some Carribean fun in the sun...in the bars....on the topless deck...on the balcony...all the little secret knooks & crannies you have discovered...etc.

OK, I'd say that's about a quarter's worth of my opinions. LET"S CRUUUUIIISE!

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
I spent last night trying to keep this thread on track (although I have to admit that even I went out into left field for a bit). I had alot of fun & it makes me proud to have caused anybody else to smile or maybe even cackle. But, I have to say that when I went to bed I was so heartbroken. I was embarrassed for the OP first of all. They simply asked a question that they didn't know the answer to. Things could've been worse in that they just packed the candles not knowing the dangers & had a horrible accident while onboard. I for one am SINCERELY glad they asked.

Second on my list of worries is that the 3 people arguing are all very cruise savy people & it's people that are "in the know" that causes newbies to come to this site in the first place. My point is that this OP had a question & some of the CCer's were kind enough to answer without getting rude about it. But, one of these 3 people had issues with another one & then the 3rd chimed in.....the rest is there for all to read.

Third on my list is that this argument got so far out of hand that the attack on this great country was mentioned & used as a tactic to bond 2 of these 3 people together in the fact they were both from NY. I dunno, something about since they survived 911 they were strong in unison to battle the 3rd person. How sad to use this tragedy that so many people (not only in NY...not only in this country...but throughout the entire world),have to deal with on a daily basis just to try & cut another person down.That was just a bit much....OMHO...

C'mon people! We're all in this forum for one reason..to discuss CRUISING. So, I say let's talk about some Carribean fun in the sun...in the bars....on the topless deck...on the balcony...all the little secret knooks & crannies you have discovered...etc.

OK, I'd say that's about a quarter's worth of my opinions. LET"S CRUUUUIIISE!

This one is not as funny as your other posts. But you are still one of the most entertaining posters around. Yes, 10 cool points to you for do all you could to keep this thread on track. I laughed so hard last night over some of your silly, silly, silly comments.:D I am laughing now just thinking about them.

As for the 911 comment. . . that would be me. It is a common phrase used in NYC. I used it because the poster asked where I was from. New Yorker are known to be a lot of things. One of these things is we are known for our resilience and toughness. . . . As for your opinion of when 911 should or should not be mentioned. Sorry, have to respectfully disagree. I was there that day. I walked out of the city that horrible day covered in "dust". I was not lucky enough to be across the country watching it on the news with a tissue and a tear. It was not a unison comment. It was a comment about me -- one person. I don't think the other poster is from NYC because they asked what the weather was like here.

However, you are right. That battle was over and I thought I offered an olive branch. However, I seem to be blessed with an ability that so many others seem not to possess and that is the ability to let stuff go.

Vindictivness is not an attractive shade on anyone.

It is over, I have posted in other threads with the other two with no incident. If we 3 have let it go, everyone else should also.

Please don't be heartbroken. It happens all the time. All in all, we were a lot more tame than some other stuff.

However, please keep the funny comments coming.

I've also seen those small electric brass/glass "carriage" latterns that flicker. They are very soft lighting.

Yes the lanterns, what about the ones that when you turn the switch they make swamp sounds (crickets, frogs)

Ok, what can i say, i'm into sounds of nature, i even have a bird CD that drives my cats crazy.

Well now, there's nuttin' like them Cricket & Frog sounds to set the mood!!..LOL...Just wait 'til John comes home....:rolleyes: I got my peace sign string lights,my little electric candle with the little red Christmas bulb, my vapor steamy thing, my jello-shots,my flickering carriage lights & candle lights,my glow in the dark things in my mouth & around my neck,my swing with the flashing red lights,my JUNGLE BOOGY(just added)music blaring & my night critters sound goin' on...OH BOY! "Ain't we havin' some fun now??":eek:

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
Well now, there's nuttin' like them Cricket & Frog sounds to set the mood!!..LOL...Just wait 'til John comes home....:rolleyes: I got my peace sign string lights,my little electric candle with the little red Christmas bulb, my vapor steamy thing, my jello-shots,my flickering carriage lights & candle lights,my glow in the dark things in my mouth & around my neck,my swing with the flashing red lights,my JUNGLE BOOGY(just added)music blaring & my night critters sound goin' on...OH BOY! "Ain't we havin' some fun now??":eek:

Ha! Ha! Ha! You gonna kill that man!!!!! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Two things may happen when John comes home,

1~he will ban you from CC

or

2~he will tell you to keep reading for more great ideas.

Archived