Shuttle or Limo from LA to Port - HELP

sammo99

We have cruised out of FL and flown into Ft Lauderdale and taken a limo to Miami, and it is actually cheaper than taking a cab or shuttle. What about in LA?

Is this the same if we fly into LAX.. and are leaving out of the LA PORT. There are 4 of us. What is going to be cheaper or the best way to go for the same price?

THanks for your help.

There are plenty of shuttles, etc. to choose from once you get into LAX. Whatever you do, don't take the Princess transfer to the port. they had us waiting 3 hours to get on the bus....ridiculous!! I love Princess, but I'll never do another princess transfer!

We have cruised out of FL and flown into Ft Lauderdale and taken a limo to Miami, and it is actually cheaper than taking a cab or shuttle. What about in LA?

Is this the same if we fly into LAX.. and are leaving out of the LA PORT. There are 4 of us. What is going to be cheaper or the best way to go for the same price?

We used Super Shuttle, $17 per person. Price a limo too, for a group of four it might not be that much more expensive.

It cost us over $70 to take a taxi from an LAX hotel to a Princess ship earlier this year. This was on a Saturday morning in light traffic. If I did it again, I would take a shuttle. Remember, some taxis do not have enough room for 4 people and their luggage.

Super Shuttle also has a private car option. Whereas the Shuttle takes xx pax and makes stops where ever they all want to go .. the private car option is yours directly.

As I recall it is about the price (per vehicle not per person) of 2-3 pax on a shuttle.

Tho with 4 pax a Lincoln Town Car may not have enough luggage room .. look at other options such as private vans with Super Shuttle.

http://www.supershuttle.com and look for the ExecuCar - Business Class Sedan Service information or possibly Groups.

We live in LA and have found that car services are better (and often cheaper) than cabs. And shuttles often have interim stops.

Search for car services online for LAX. They're a dime a dozen. Most have "online quote" options. When you confirm, make sure they know there are 4 of you with luggage for a cruise! Our last car arrived (a beautiful Lincoln town car). The driver looked a little concerned about our luggage b/c he had a box delivery already in the trunk! He had to move it to the front seat.

When they picked us up they had a brand new Denali instead ... more than enough room.

I've used both Primetime Shuttle and SuperShuttle. They're both convenient and you and pre-book transportation with them. You can either have a shared van and be willing to make multiple stops or reserve a car/van. Check their websites to see which works best for you.

One thing that surprised me last April is that SuperShuttle's rate from the ship to LAX was 2x what it was from LAX to the pier. You might want to check that out.

I am sailing on the Diamond December 2nd.... booked a Towncar through Golden West Express 1-800-917-5656 or http://www.goldenwestexpress.com The Charge was $50.00 each way, there are only 2 of us but I'm certain they have Navigators or Denalis.

This was reccomended to me by a Crusie Critic post.

We did not have to put down a Deposit!

Am I not allowed to give out that information in a public post?

Good Luck

Seagarr

We used Coolride to go from our home to SP - about 50 miles each way. They will pickup from LAX with a sign with your name on it. No deposit needed. It was a private towncar, which had room for our two big suitcases, 2 big plastic crates (for our water, pepsi supplies), guitar case, garment bag, three backpacks (incl. the girl's uke) between the trunk and the empty seat, plus the three of us, including girl and her booster seat. We were late getting off the ship, so I called from our cabin with that news and the receptionist said she'll tell the driver to circle around til we call again when we get to the shuttle pickup area.

It was a fixed price plus taxes and tip. A limo service may charge per hour so you want to doublecheck on that.

When I checked on Car Service there was an up charge for meeting you at the Baggage Claim. Recent Security chages have made the practice difficult.

Golden West told me to call as soon as we got our luggage and they would me us at the curb in 5 minutes.

When I checked on Car Service there was an up charge for meeting you at the Baggage Claim. Recent Security chages have made the practice difficult.

Golden West told me to call as soon as we got our luggage and they would me us at the curb in 5 minutes.

You have to decide ... maybe I'm an ol' ... well, we leave that ... there's nothing like having someone there waiting to take my bags. Now, if I've flying with one bag .. forget it... I'll see you at the curb.

Archived