10/29 - Just off the Conquest

interestedparty

Had a BLAST.....will post some thoughts later, and i have some great food pics....but question

Embarkation took about 4-5 hours on 10/22...IS THAT NORMAL? :(

Just curious, but had a wonderful time!!!!

No, probably not normal... we had issues debarking, some were still on the ship at 1pm. The entire crew had to get off, which caused major delays...

once every 3 months the US Immigration does a full Immigration check on all crewmembers, checking their passports and visas etc. They did do one on 22nd October, luckily I signed off the ship that day so didn't have to do it coz it takes all day, unluckily I had to be ready to get off the ship at 5.15am :mad:

The immirgation check will have been the reason for the delay

once every 3 months the US Immigration does a full Immigration check on all crewmembers, checking their passports and visas etc. They did do one on 22nd October, luckily I signed off the ship that day so didn't have to do it coz it takes all day, unluckily I had to be ready to get off the ship at 5.15am :mad:

I never thought that we were gonna get out of there. It was about 1:30 before we saw daylight. Had over a seven hour drive ahead of us too. But we had an awsome time on our cruise so all in all it was worth it. Just wish they had rest rooms available. :o :p

Well many longtime Carnival cruisers were extremely inconvenienced because of it. Many missed flights & shuttles, resulting in high priced taxi rides to the airport & flights. Carnival is receiving many letters right now. :mad: Total embarrasment for Texas cruising. They should have a better plan to handle it.

So your saying this happens every 3 months, how come we don't hear more complaints?

:eek: Can they not do crew seperate therefore letting passengers to go ahead so flights etc are not missed?

They do the crew seperate. The problem is that they take away 3-4 agents who would usually be working on pax and they work the crew lines. They only had four working the pax on 10/22 when I went through.

Archived