Best Carnival Snorkel Excursion???

Lothiel

The Carnival based excursions are crowded and overpriced. Book independently with Captain Marvin. http://www.captainmarvins.com/

I have gone with them twice, and was very pleased both times. They have tours to Stingray City sandbar and some good snorkeling reefs. They limit their tours to 25 people per boat, and they will not charge you if the ship is not tendering for any reason.

Thanks for the advice! I am travelling alone and was a little hesitent about trying a private tour company, but this sounds promising. One question though. . .how much time should I allow between the time the ship arrives and the time I check in with the tour company? I believe there are tenders to shore, and I've heard that sometimes it can take some time to actually get to shore. Do they cater to the passengers who book Carnival excursions and get them to shore first?

I would allow an hour to get to shore on a tender to be safe. On our recent cruise, there was no line leaving the ship, and we step right off the ship onto a tender. In 10-minutes we were on shore. Getting back on the ship is when the long line formed. Knowing that the ship wasn't going anywhere with people waiting for tenders, we sat in the shade of the tender terminal building. The line eventually got short, and we stepped right onto a tender.

Be aware of any difference between your ship's time and local time at GC. GC is on eastern standard time year round. The ship's time usually stays on the time of its port of embarkation.

We were on the 10/1 sailing on the Conquest. When tendering, they passed out little stickers on the pool deck prior to docking. It was first come first served. I did not go to the port talks prior to getting to port so I missed the discussion on getting the sticker. I just happened on it in the morning.

You may wish to get that information once you get on board on your sea days. I'm sure they will give youthe information you need.

Have fun.

Archived