Big Savings on Cabin move

gym

Thank you to all for the CC Board Information! Because of the info here regarding checking on cabin rates, I was able to save over $1100 on our cruise in March 07 from Valparaiso to FLL.

I had heard nothing from my TA, but checked the Celeb page and found the lower rate. I put it on a courtesy hold and emailed my TA who followed thru.

The best part of all this - not only the savings, but I was able to switch us from a CC cabin mid-ship to a CC AFT cabin. Should be awesome for the Panama canal. And what a great 30th Anniversary gift!

Thanks to all!

On a side note - anyone have any recomendations for shore excursions on the SA portion of this cruise?

Thanks again! :)

Congratulations. I do have one question. How in the world did you get a cabin put on "courtesy hold"? We had 4 CC cabins deposited through a TA. When I saw the price of Sky Suites had come down (it was a weekend, and couldn't get ahold of TA), I called Celebrity to see if we could hold 4 Sky Suites. I was told no, it had to be done through my TA. I then asked if we could just go ahead and deposit four Sky Suites, and again told no by Celebrity. They said the system would not accept our reservation because it would be a duplicate until the other cabins were cancelled, which of course, they could not do...the TA had to do it.

In the end it all worked out, but it was a nerve wracking weekend waiting to hear back from the TA. Fortunately, she emailed me on a Sunday and said not to worry, she would take care of it. Otherwise, though, the four Sky Suites that I needed side by side may have been gone by Monday.

Congratulations. I do have one question. How in the world did you get a cabin put on "courtesy hold"?

Jerseygirl3,

I logged into "My Celebrity" on their web page and checked prices for our cruise. That's when I discovered the CC AFT cabin at the lower price. I proceeded with "booking" the cabin and ended at a window that gave me the option of placing the reservation on a Courtesy Hold for 48 hours. If payment was not made within the 48 hours, the reservation would lapse. Actually the courtesy hold screen gave me the option to email the reservation info, so I sent it to our TA. That was on a Saturday evening, on Monday she contacted Celebrity. I did have to call Celebrity, after she made contact with them, to give my authorization for my TA to handle the new reservation.

They transferred my deposit to our new cabin. I'm not sure if we were closer to the final payment date (Dec '06) whether it would have all been so easy!

But all I can say is the info from Cruise Critic is fantastic! This will be our 6th cruise, but only the 2nd with Celebrity. We don't leave home now without checking Cruise Critic first!

Mrs. Gym

Thanks for answering my question. That's great that you were able to go ahead and put it on a courtesy hold on Celebrity's website. I will keep that in mind for the future. I never realized you could do that! Obviously, the girl at Celebrity didn't know what she was talking about when she said she couldn't put a reservation through because the computer would kick out the names as a duplicate reservation. Next time I'll know to just do it myself!

GYM

I was checking prices Halloween evening and it was going to be 87 dollars a day for me to upgrade from a 2B to a CC. When I checked again Nov. 1st, it went down to 24 dollars per day so I snagged a primo CC!

You should go check in on the roll call board for this cruise...we're starting to gather!

Hi I am interested in what you do when you note a price drop. Do you book the new price before you refer it to your TA.

I live in the UK and as a recent member of CC have just found out that X will adjust the price accordingly.#

I called my TA who called X. They say that they need to confirm the price drop and then send a new invoice.

Last Saturday the price of a 2B on my Millennium went down by £40 and then yesterday the 1st November it is reduced by a further £80 again called TA who has called X but I am not sure if there is an easier way to attain the drop.

Any information regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Sue

• 2 weeks later...

Keela1eva2,

Sorry we didn't respond earlier, our internet/cable was out since Halloween! Comcast finally got their act together and our services were restored.

When I saw the price drop and the aft cabin available, I grabbed it on line as it was the weekend, then I contacted my TA. But my TA did say there would be "no penalty" for changing the reservation as final payment had not yet been made. I have no idea what the penalty is - BUT, if you get a new cabin at a lower rate on line, the courtesy hold is 48 hours. If you don't give your credit card info, once the 48 hours pass, so does your courtesy hold reservation. Hold the cabin at the lower rate for 48 hours and then call your TA. If you can make the switch - do it. If not, the courtesy reservation expires.

Hope that helps.

GYM

Archived