Pacific Princess - Accessibility Questions

hugosmom

I'm hoping to find out about accessibility on Pacific Princess with regard to my husband, who is blind, and his Seeing Eye dog. Our last cruise on Celebrity's Mercury was excellent in terms of accessibility for those who are blind as well as for the service dog.

We've never cruised Princess and I'm not finding much detail on these boards. I appreciate anyone who can tell us about your experiences.

1. Are the buttons on the elevators Brailled? Do the elevators "talk" to announce your floor/deck?

2. Are the numbers on the stateroom doors Brailled?

3. Does Princess provide menus and other printed material in Braille or in other accessible format (tape or on disc)?

4. If you've taken a service dog, what was the relief area like?

I think those are our main questions - we're looking at Pacific Princess in the fall and I've learned previous passengers often know more of the little details than customer service reps do. I will be contacting the cruise line as well, of course.

If you've been on Pacific Princess I'd love any feedback - not just about disability issues. Thanks in advance!

Archived