Milan Airport to Bellagio

I was hoping someone out there has made this trip before, from Milan airport to Bellagio. Will it be easier to take the train or bus to Bellagio, and will we need to go to Como first, and then take a water taxi to Bellagio. It is to early to make train reservations, we are not going till May. I would sure like to know the way to do this ahead of time. I would really appreciate any information you might have. Thank you Donna

The train is a PITA invovling changes, transfers, etc.

There is frequent bus service directly from the airport to Lakes. Some of them go to Cadenabbia or Menaggio in addition to Como. (Cadenabia is best if yoou catch a bus going to both). From either of the first tow named, yoou can catch the ferry to Bellaggio. From Como you have to catch another bus to Bellaggio.

I am not a fan of buses, but this one is only an hour or so and is much quicker than going via train (and then by bus from Como).

There is good signage for the bus at the airport and tgimetables are posted. Advanced ticketing is not, as far as I know, available.

Paul

Archived