Talk to me about the Ecstacy

morebeaches

My wife's family is planning a cruise next summer out of Galveston. We cruised on the RC Radiance last January and I loved it. However it was a rough trip and one of the sister in laws felt bad the whole trip and is reluctant to cruise again. But she has agreed to a 5 day cruise. Of course half the family wants a 7 day cruise. But it looks like they have agreed on the Ecstacy next July out of Galveston. Am I going to be disappointed in her after being on a much newer Royal Carribean ship?

Thanks for sharing the great review. I see you just finished your cruise 13 days ago. There are 10 of us in my group who will cruising on the Elation this Thanksgiving out of Galveston and I am thrilled to see your review. There are not too many recent reviews of her that I have been able to find.

Am I going to be disappointed in her after being on a much newer Royal Carribean ship?

Maybe, but you can work around it.

We sailed on the Ecstasy when she was on the West coast a couple years ago for a short spring break cruise. At the time that sailing was on the heels of a Carival Victory sailing, a much newer ship with more bells and whistles.

It would have been really easy to compare cruises based on ship alone and that would have been a mistake. I have this growing belief that it's not the ship but the passengers that make or break the cruise in a lot of ways. The ship is the same from week to week, its the crew and passengers that are the variable.

Stationed on the West coast we found a lot of "locals" on that sailing as I'd imagine you'll find on your sailing. That can be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it. On sailings like that it's real easy to feel like an outsider but its not required; you choose how that's going to go.

I only mention this because like in so many other instances its a matter of attitude as to how good your cruise is. That's an easy thing to forget. Often we expect to be entertained and shown a good time when, especially on Carnival, we have been given all the tools to mold our cruise to be just what we want it to be.

It sounds to me like you're ready for another great cruise and you surely can have it on the Ecstasy. Still today the Ecstasy is a training ship for chefs affording us some of the best food in the fleet.

You too can be "ecstatic" about your Ecstasy cruise!

Archived