Hotel in Florence: Can you recommend one?

Next fall we're planning to spend two post-cruise days in Florence and the surrounding countryside. I had looked at a very nice hotel right in Florence, but when I checked their 2007 prices they had raised the room rate to well over US$400 a night. Would appreciate any recommendations for hotels either in Florence or on the outskirts. Thanks . . .

I stayed in the Kraft Hotel in May (Business unfortunately) & found it very comfortable :) - can't say how it shapes up with other hotels as I am not a big 'hotel stayer', but of the three hotels I stayed in over that period, it was the most individual

http://www.krafthotel.it/

It is within walking distance of the centre of Florence and very close to the river.

It has a restaurant (looked nice, but didn't dine there as we wanted to see something of florence while we were there) - there is a rooftop bar and swimming pool (depending on the time of year). There are also one or more quite large trees up there - wish I had taken the time to visit the roof but business took precedence:( !

The prices must have been reasonable (else the company wouldn't have booked it!) & they always seem have special offers.

if I go to Florence again I will definately be going there!

Karen

Archived