Cocktail Party in Owner's Suite

I'm getting married on the Liberty next year. We are staying in the Owner's Suite and will have about 30 guests on the cruise. Does anybody know if RCCL will help me host a cocktail party in the suite? Do they offer some kind of hor deourve (sp? :eek: ) platter? Thanks for any help!

Hi Jasmine:

Yes, the Guest Relations desk(manager) onboard the ship will help you set it up. I threw a party in the Royal Suite last year for my birthday on the Rhapsody of the Seas. I had a complete open bar with bartender(crew), cold and hot platters(buffet style). You can either do just the cold platters or you can ask for both. The total cost was about $500 including an extra tip for the bartender.

I didn't have to call RCI ahead of time, I arranged it onboard the day before the party. I had a little more than 30 people at my party and there was no problem setting it up.

Hope this info. helps.

Fausto

We were on the Exp in Sept. and attended a coctail party in an OS with 6 couples. Just for your information...this room is filled with furniture. The couch is an L shape then there are a couple of chairs, a table and chairs and a bar/counter. So what I'm saying there is IMO not enough room for 30 people unless they come and go. There was barely enough room to walk around with 6 of us. BUT what was nice was the hosts has trays of pre poured glasses of different flavors of champage that were to good to be true. They had them delivered at intervals so they didn't sit waiting for you to finish one. They also had light snacks ie: veggies/dip and cheese/crackers. I know they only planned it on the ship so if you don't do it before cruise it can be done onboard. With 30 guests I'd look into maybe getting a small area of the ship and do it there. Hope this helps

I suggest you contact your TA or if you booked directly with RCI, contact them to pre-arrange a cocktail party. You'll be more comfortable if they set it up in one of the public lounges, which they will close for your private party.

If you choose this option, RCI will set up a table with hot and cold food, and prvide a bartender and servers.. the cost is about the same as having an in-suite party and you'll appreciate the extra space to move around.

The concierge is who we used to arrange ours. She did a great job and it was worth it. We asked her about it the first night and she set it up for us 2 nights later. 30 people will make it kind of tight. We had about 20 in ours and it wasn't too bad.

Archived