New Year's Eve cruise...kids?

Shutterbug2

We've only cruised once b4 on a 7 day-er, so dont know much about shorter cruises.

We are doing a New Year's eve Carnival cruise to Bahamas for four days. I'm assuming NYE is formal? We haven't recieved any formal itinerary info. So I'm wondering if hubby can get away without a suit jacket, just pants, shirt and tie. I have a formal dress, do kids dress up too? My kids would love too, but my 10 year old son in particular will be very embarassed if he wears his suit but no other boys are dressed up.

Anyone know what the norm is?

Also, will there be supervised activities for the kids later than usual on NYE? And a party for adults I imagine?

anyone every cruised on NYE?

(I asked some of this in another forum, but didn't get any replies)

I cruised last year on RC Mariner of the Seas, left 12/23 and cruised until 1/3!! It was absolutely a blast!! New Year's eve was a formal night and all dressed up. They had a special dinner and party horns and favors at the tables and everyone was blowing them and playing with them so the dinner was a big party! Then they had the balloon drop in the promenade, that was very very crowed as you can imagine. Free champagne. There wasn't any additional babysitting that I was aware of. It was unforgettable!!! I hope that you have as much fun as I did!!! More than I expected!!

some short cruises dont have formal night but besure new yesrs night will be i did new years cruise on the lirica in 28 dec 04 17 night from genoa my 10 yrld loved dressing up so much when we stoped in grenada i bought him a white carribean dress suit 30 $ be cause he noticed some people never seemed to ware same suit twice this year we are going on lirica again for 11 day thanksgiving cruise 3 formal nights so i up graded to a tux got good used one on ebay ilucked out no tailoring needed kid can get a with a nice vest tie thay look sharp

ALl carnival cruises have a formal night-- even the 2 nights to nowhere cruises.

formal night is when they serve prime rim and. lobster.

Formal night for kids is the same as adults. No shorts and bathing suits allowed. Your kids can get by with dress shirt and tie.

Camp will run til 10pm then there is a charge after that time.

We were on a Holiday cruise last year 12/24/05-01/02/06. NYE is formal and yes I did see many men dressed in just dress pants, shirts and ties! It is a very fun evening! The babysitting was available this night as we had people at our table that used it. NYE was a very fun night, partying all over the ship! Different music all over the ship! We went to the live band where most our age was and ended up in the Disco that was fun also! I think we stayed up until around 3 A.M. Good thing the next day was sea day! :eek: RC went all out on Christmas and NYE! :p Would never go again over the Holidays unless the entire Family could go! I missed all terribly! ;) The kids need to be dressed in dresses, and or dress pants. The young boys say up to 13-15 did not have ties on however no t-shirts, jeans and you know! :D

I have cruised a few New Years, and NYE is always formal, the big party/countdown etc up on the pool deck usually. I have to say that all the ones I have been on there were not many kids, mainly couples and a younger crowd. Average 40-60yr age group.

Archived