Enough time in Grand Cayman to....?

mickstr68

I will be on Carnival Triumph Feb 3-10 and the stop off in Grand Cayman lasts from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. I've been to GC twice and both times did the Stingray Tour- Loved it! This time, I'm bringing family with me and they have no desire to do this tour (I'm trying hard to change their minds).

However, this time I'm thinking of renting a car from Avis and driving to all of the following places:

East: Pedro St. James Castle, Queen Elizabeth II botanical gardens and the Blowholes

then head west to :

Town of Hell and possibly visit the Turtle Farm (aka boatswain's beach) or possibly a West Bay beach instead of the Turtle Farm.

I've never been to any of these places.

My question now is- Will I have time to do all of this with a rental car?

We don't care to spend anymore than 1 hour at the Castle and the same amount of time at the gardens and probably only 30 mins or less at the blow holes and the town of Hell

I think you'll love renting a car and driving around the island!

But if it were me, I'd do Hell and the turtle farm first...then go over to the other side of the island. The 7MB stretch tends to get backed up, but on other side we never encountered traffic. So once you've gotten away from George Town, you can be pretty sure of just how long it will take you to get back (from the blow holes, etc.). You may encounter a bit of traffic, but nothing like on the 7MB stretch.

There's a great restaurant called The Lighthouse (over by the blowholes). If you're looking for a gift shop, Pure Art is amazing. Not many cruisers get to visit because it's about a mile out of town (away from 7MB) toward the right of the port area. Here's their website for more info...

http://www.pureart.ky/

This past January, we were there for a week, and we spent a lot of time over on the East End, Savannah, and Bodden Town. You may even have time to at least drive to Rum Point. It's not too far from the botanical gardens. But make sure and watch for Frank Sound Road...it's the road where the botanical gardens are located, and we drove past it a couple of times.

We loved our time poking around the island. It's so totally different over on the other side.

Our first visit to GC was on the Triumph. Have a great time! :)

Archived