Newbie with ques...Cruising in February?

Hello all!

We did a family crusie in 2002 on the Monarch and were smitten with cruising! We are thinking about the Souverign (sp) in Feb. 2007. Can anyone share with me what to expect when crusing in Feb? Weather, ship crowdness, etc.

Thanks and happy sailing!!:)

February is a very busy "warm weather" travel month and cruises are no exception. That being said, there's a reason everyone likes to travel in Feb. Beautiful weather. There will be less sale prices and the ships will be crowded. No reason to fret. I would cruise in Feb. in a second. Just know that things like shore excursions fill up fast and you may not be able to get a specific cabin at this late date. Other than that.....and finding a chair at the pool, it's a great time to cruise.

We will be taking a large group (@ 175 people) for our second year on Splendour of the Seas Feb. 17-22. The weather was beautiful last year and we all had a great time. The ship did not seem crowded and everyone in the group said they had a good time.

Not sure what week in Feb you are planning for but be warned that president's week is winter break for the northeast so you will have a lot of kids on board. If you are bringing children they will have a blast.

Feb is my favorite month to cruise because it is one of the most consistent months weather wise. Also remember most ships sail full ALL the time. You will have a great time.

Sue

One thing to keep in mind is your port of debarkation.........depending on where you sail out of......it can be cool to cold the first day or two until you get further south and into the warmth of the Caribbean.

We have sailed out of Galveston in February and it was down right cold for the first 24 to 36 hours........

• 2 weeks later...
We will be taking a large group (@ 175 people) for our second year on Splendour of the Seas Feb. 17-22. The weather was beautiful last year and we all had a great time. The ship did not seem crowded and everyone in the group said they had a good time.

Hey D66D66,

We're also on this cruise. There is an M&M thread started by huskerdude. We have about 10 already logging in. This will be my first RCCL cruise but my second Feb cruise. Great time of year to go. We may even have another couple join the fun. Hope the cruise is not sold out. Hope to meet up with your group on the cruise.

Cruisin Dave

I sailed last year on Canival Valor over Presidents weekend. It was crowded but the weather was beautiful. That was about mid-feb. I heard from the staff on the ship that the week before it had rained the entire time but that was not my experience. I am sailing again mid-feb on Mariner!

You are so correct about the weather. We sailed on Enchantment this past Feb and Florida was a bit chilly almost cold but the further south we went the warmer it became and everthing turned out great. But it was chilly in Key West.

Archived