Bringing Booze Back!!!!!!!!!

nascar17

You would have to either ship it or pack it in your checked bags. For carry-on, you are limited to toiletries of 3 oz. or less that fit in a quart-size bag. They definitely won't allow you to carry-on any liquor purchased outside the security area of the airport.

Hard side suitcase is your best choice or simply do not worry about the booze, How much can you really save verses the hassel????

Granted I'm in Texas so we are only allowed 2 bottles each adult and to me saving 10 or 15 is not worth the hassel I'm always toteing a huge piece of wall art!

John

Be very careful. I just returned fron Triumph 10/21 and suitcase was found in customs warehouse sitting in a big puddle of vodka. I lost 3 bottles that were packed in a suitcase of dirty laundry. I have filed a claim with the shipboard services.

We found Kaluha 2 for 18 in Cozumel so packed it well in my bag and it did ok. I know that if you buy four bottles on the ship they will pack them in a nice box. Keep that with you as you get off the ship and then have the airline put fragile stickers on the box and it should be ok. We brought a case of wine back from Napa and bought a shipping box that was great. The bottles fit inside of foam like an egg crate and another fit over the top. It made it ok.

Just back from the Fascination and someone had tried to smuggle red wine in their suitcase onto the ship-possibly drove to the port??? any way the bottles all broke and all of their clothes were ruined. At least maybe take white and you'll just smell strange. They had to buy a new wardrobe in Key West.

I just came back on friday from fascination and i brought home 8 bottles of liquor in my suitcase

Shea:

I bought back 8 bottles of liquor last Sept and packed them well in my suitcase. All arrived safely. I saved over $200 by doing this so it was well worth it.

here's a tip for those sailing out of San Juan....

there is a duty free liquor store in the San Juan airport-after the security checkpoint...in other words, you can take anything purchased here on the plane with you!! :)

we bought a few bottles here and they put it into a nice "souvenir" type bag and put a zip tie on it to secure it and off we went....we were able to keep it with us the entire flight home....

Marsha

here's a tip for those sailing out of San Juan....

there is a duty free liquor store in the San Juan airport-after the security checkpoint...in other words, you can take anything purchased here on the plane with you!! :)

we bought a few bottles here and they put it into a nice "souvenir" type bag and put a zip tie on it to secure it and off we went....we were able to keep it with us the entire flight home....

Marsha

Quick note on this. When you go to this store you must present your boarding passes. And make sure the Baileys cap is on tight. Mine leaked. Just enough to get the inside of the pack icky. the prices were really good too.

It is a GREAT savings, but gotta wait til ya get home to enjoy the spirits. :rolleyes: Ziplocks bags are a must, then place in the middle of your clothes. Also placed our Crocs around the bottles for some extra cushion. Brought back 6 bottles that way packed in check luggage. No mishaps! :D At the liquor taste party try the Sheridan's........mmmm, yummy! Got several of those to bring home! ;)

Have a GRAT time!

Kat

Archived