Pearl's river transit (combined threads)

Zimomiller

When will the Pearl begin its voyag? I heard Saterday, but don't know what time. Would like to watch it.

Charls

River Ems Conveyance of Norwegian Pearl

Papenburg, 31 October 2006 The 93,500-gt cruise liner ìNorwegian Pearlî will leave MEYER WERFT to take to the North Sea on the night of 4 to 5 November 2006. The conveyance will be supported by operation of the Ems barrier in Gandersum.

The following approximate schedule is subject to weather and tidal conditions and may hence change at short notice!

Saturday, 4 November 2006:

From 8.00 p.m. on Ship ready to sail (in Papenburg harbour)

Saturday/Sunday, 4/5 November 2006:

10.00 p.m.-3.00 a.m.: Passing the lock in Papenburg

Approx. 2.5 hrs later : Passing the ìFriesenbr¸ckeî in Weener

Approx. 4.5 hrs later: Passing the ìJann-Berghaus-Br¸ckeî in Leer

Approx. 8.5 hrs later: Ship at Ems barrier in Gandersum

Approx. 11.45 a.m.: Passing the Ems barrier

Approx. 6.00 p.m.: Arrival in Eemshaven

Times listed are local German times.......

Should be fun watching tomorrow afternoon and night in the States.....

I have an unusual question...why does the Pearl have to be pulled down the River "aft first"?

If the river is too narrow for it to turn around, why isn't the ship built "nose" first?

Does it really make a difference how she goes down the river today?

Should I be concerned about more important things like...how much clothing to bring on my 15 day Panama Canal transit next September or figuring out how to place a smiley emoticom in the middle of my text when posting?

Thanks!

W A W W

p.s. How do you guys put smiley emoticons into the middle of your text?

I have an unusual question...why does the Pearl have to be pulled down the River "aft first"?

If the river is too narrow for it to turn around, why isn't the ship built "nose" first?

Does it really make a difference how she goes down the river today?

Should I be concerned about more important things like...how much clothing to bring on my 15 day Panama Canal transit next September or figuring out how to place a smiley emoticom in the middle of my text when posting?

Thanks!

W A W W

p.s. How do you guys put smiley emoticons into the middle of your text?

They could turn around in the lagoon . My understanding from the same question about the Jewel and POHI is that the ship can turn easiier by using the azipods to pull the ship around the tight turns on the river.

They can be turned 90 degrees and all but pivot the ship.

To enjoy the trip more go to Google Earth and select Papenburg Germany, where the Meyer Werft factory is easy to locate on the River Ems. Follow the river up to the North Sea on Google Earth in conjunction with the webcam and it should be pretty impressive.

Hey Guys!

I am on the Meyerwerft Website looking at the webcam. Is this a current shot? Do you have any idea how often it changes?

I would also like to watch the Pearl move down the River Ems on Google Earth, but the image I was able to get of Papenburg appears to be outdated. Don't see the Pearl anywhere.

Can somebody please tell me what I need to do to see what all of you are seeing?

Thanks!

Pat

Archived