Is there a best time to book a Disney cruise?

cmacf1

We're planning on a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise in January 2008 and while I know you can book via Disneycruise.com now, is this the best time to book? We're not that picky about cabins (though of course I'd like a wonderful upgrade!) We just want the best deal and being new to the cruising world, I don't know when that is.

My other question pertains to TA or no TA, book directly through Disneycruise.com or go through Expedia/Orbitz/Travelocity or one of the cruise websites? Where's the best deal? I know that (due to my pre-planning nature) I don't want to wait until a few months prior to the cruise to book. I can't wait that long! THanks for any replies!

we found a great TA over the internet.. and booked a land and sea deal with them last year.. they got me more bang for the buck. i was very pleased with their services.. and we booked a 7 day while on the ship but had the reservations transferred to the same TA.. to handle everything.. we changed dates and they saved us an additional almost 2000.00 and we kept the same ship board credit. We went last January.. and we are going Feb 3rd this coming Feb.

it's a great time to travel.

Yoy have time to check around. And you should do this. Just make sure you are comparing apples to apples when you hear, or see deals. I have used DCL 5 times for booking, and no-one beats the apples to apples price. As far as a ta running interferance for you, the whole DCL staff is your travel agent. And when your out to sea, your cell phone doesn't work, but Guest Services do. To save money, check into your own air transportation You really have plenty of time to do the research. Get a qoute from DCL on their website. That will include all charges, cruise fare, tranfers to and from Orlando airport, travel insurance, port charges and taxes. Tips are not prepaid. Onboard credit, I believe is awarded through DCL. In case you don't know it, 40%, or 50%, or 60% OFF, only means from the highest weekly rate, charged for that room, for a Christmas cruise, or July 4th. cruise rate. Punch in all the dates of the cruise you want to take, and see how the rates fluctuate. APPLES TO APPLES! DCL is flawless, so far for us! Upgrades are not available always, as the ship is usually booked, and rarily free. JMO. Metrowon

After lots of research with different TAs and convincing DH that this is a good idea, today I booked a Category 6 midship cabin for my family (DDs who will be 3 and 5 then.) Then across the hall are some of our good friends with girls who will also be 3 and 5. Next to them will be my MIL and my mom. I am very excited about this, but I have a long long long time to wait. Fortunately, the Crown Princess cruise is coming up soon.

We ended up going using a well known TA for our booking. The prices with the TAs I researched were just about the same, if not identical.

Thanks for the comments!

Archived