Past Guest Party

muleevans

I consider an invitation in my cabin to include those in my cabin.

What you 'consider' and what Carnival does are two entirely different things. If it doesn't say "and guest".....fergeddaboutit.

Also - Whomever said it's like a wedding invitation and means 'and guest'.....wrong. Etiquette says each guest's name should be on the inside envelope. Caterers have to know HOW MANY to plan for y'know.:rolleyes:

I would bring your friends with you to the party...I have always done this on Princess and never have had a problem....Not a big deal!!

First, this isn't Princess we're discussing. Just because Carnival owns Princess doesn't mean they have the same policies.:)

I will be cruising on the Glory with two friends this November. I will the only one of us that will receive the invite. When my PVP told me about the party I asked if I had to go alone, and he said that my two friends could come with me...that they wouldn't turn them away at the door.

I don't really care either way - yes, I'd like to go because this will be my first time I am able to attend, but if it means I have to go alone I think I'll skip it. I'll take my invite, and my friends - and if they turn them away we'll just go and create our own party :)

I will be cruising on the Glory with two friends this November. I will the only one of us that will receive the invite. When my PVP told me about the party I asked if I had to go alone, and he said that my two friends could come with me...that they wouldn't turn them away at the door.

Unfortunately, PVPs don't always know. Some have never even been on a cruise! They really shouldn't make statements like that, and I think some of them (like outside agents) say whatever they think will make you happy.):rolleyes:

I don't really care either way - yes, I'd like to go because this will be my first time I am able to attend, but if it means I have to go alone I think I'll skip it. I'll take my invite, and my friends - and if they turn them away we'll just go and create our own party :)

I'm usually a solo cruiser (female), and I enjoy the parties. I never mind going alone. The room is full of folks, everybody having a good time. No biggie being by yourself. That would make TWO extra people crowding the room that should be for PAST GUESTS only. As said often - your friends can find something fun to do elsewhere on the ship while you're at the party for that short time. They will have something to look forward to on their NEXT cruise, when they are truly past guests! If you don't enjoy it, you can always leave and join them.:)

Well this upcoming cruise will be my 2nd cruise (first time I'll get invited), but my friend who is also 16 has never been on a cruise won't, so chances are I won't be able to go because I can't leave her for an hour because it would be rude and we've had to promise her parents we wouldn't do our own thing. Anyway that's not why I'm posting this,

a few years ago (I can't remember the exact date, sorry, it was atleast 4 years ago I think) on the Pride, my mom and dad took me and my brother and we had never been, but we were allowed to go to the Past Guest Party, my mom just spoke to the person at the door and it was fine. I don't know if they've changed or that was just an exception, just my experience.

Have fun! Enjoy the free Drinks!

Interpretation. Some people think that cow manure is crap others it's fertilizer. Same with with how your want to interpet what past guest means.

Some people think past guest means a PAST GUEST and others think it means past guest and any other guest they want it to mean. Oh well, in the scheme of things this past guest contraversy won't hurt anybodys cruise.

That was colorful! Loved it!

My new husband and I are taking my newly widowed mother (my father passed away November 29) on a cruise on the Valor in May. Both my mother and I are past cruisers of Carnival, while my new husband is not. Does my husband have to skip the reception while my mother and I attend? Obviously, I have no problem with missing the party to be with my husband, but I hate for my mother to miss it, and she would hate to have to go alone.

Please don't flame me. I'm not trying to get something for nothing. Just asking.

I'm going a cruise with sisters (first time on Carnival) and I will go to the past guest party without them!!!

I've found the PGP to be getting too crowded and may just skip it. Last time on the Glory they had the appetizers already out on little plates on each table, no seconds. They were pretty good about replenishing the drinks! I also wish they'd re-do the film they show.

Archived