Newbie Questions

d&b cruise

I've got a couple of newbie questions:

1- Does anyone have a packing list that they go by that has done this several times that has this down like to an art that they can send to me I feel like I'm going to be over packing. We are going to western caribbean Nov 26

2-Is there like a "starbucks" on the ship(Rhapsody of the Seas)? I love their coffee

Thanks in advance

Becki:)

D&B

I would add a cheap waterproof watch (possibly with an alarm on it) and I take a clear plastic change pouch that has a keyring on it. I attached a wristband that looks like a telephone cord. When I just go down to the lobby of the ship or up to the pool or some short walk, I put my room key in it and folded up map of the ship. I slip it on my wrist and now I can carry 2 drinks back to the room if I want. Some of my clothes (like just a bathing suit with a cover up) have no pockets. Or if they do, I don't want to lose my room key so this pouch works.

--Jo

As one poster already stated, take twice the money and half the clothes. We are now to the point that we take a garmet bag and two carry-ons for a seven day cruise and have everything we need. Remember that you always end up purchasing t-shirts, so don't pack any!(or at least only one or two)

One our first cruise we took way to many clothes. Most ships offer a laundery special around Wed. or Thurs., like fill this bag for $20. You will be surprised how much you can get into one of these bags. Then you can wear the items again the last couple of days and have some clothes clean when you get home.

You read alot about irons. Most ships do not allow them and the travel steamers leave a little to be desired. On our last cruise I was traveling on business the week before (casual training) so I packed the same clothes for both trips. Got on the ship with a suitcase full of dirty laundry. Sent it to the laundry service and had clean wrinkle free clothes for the entire cruise. Next cruise any item that I will worry about wrinkles will be sent to the laundry once on board.

The most useful item we have taken is a over the door shoe bag/rack, The clear plastic kind. Along with you shoes you can also store small items that tend to get lost on counters.

The main thing to leave home is any attitudes, and be sure to pack your willingness to have the best time and most fun you can have! No matter what the person next door to you or the unsuppervised children do and you will never have a bad cruise! I always try to cruise with a "Jimmy Buffett" state of mind. (and yes, the tequila helps!)

At Kmart, in the luggage department, they have a hard plastic (see though) luggage tag made for business cards. Your room card will fit in it perfectly. We put this on a lanyard and it is very easy to get in and out of the case when you need it as it slides open.

On our last 2 cruises, we had people come up to us many times asking us where we got them. That is my must have.

At Kmart, in the luggage department, they have a hard plastic (see though) luggage tag made for business cards. Your room card will fit in it perfectly. We put this on a lanyard and it is very easy to get in and out of the case when you need it as it slides open.

On our last 2 cruises, we had people come up to us many times asking us where we got them. That is my must have.

Hmmmm...I smell a business opportunity! I wonder how much trouble I could get into with having a couple dozen in my bag and then saying, "I just happen to have one...it'll cost ya ten bucks...." :D

I have a couple of must haves: first is the power strip, for the blow dryer, flat iron, curling iron, battery recharger and phone recharger. The second is super skinny by Paul Mitchell for my hair to get rid of the humidity frizz. Tried the super skinny on me, but alas, there is only so much it can do....

Archived