Hotel needed near NJ port

Hi everyone, I need to book a hotel for our May 2007 cruise out of NJ. Can anyone suggest a nice hotel in the $200 - $300 price range. We are driving to the port area the day before and would like someplace close and nice. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.:)

You need to check for hotels in Newark, elizabeth and that area. I have heard decent reports on the Best Western in Newark and they have a park and ride package, so that you can leave your car there for the duration of the cruise and they shuttle you to the port and pick you up at the end.

Sue

Here is a link to the Best Western Hotel. The hotel was very nice/safe but the area around most of the NJ hotels is kinda run down. We stayed here Oct 14-15th 2006. Taking Explorer to Bermuda cruise. The shuttle service worked out fine and is included in the stay. Price wise a very good deal. We would stay again.

We will be staying at the Doubletree--formerly the Wyndam in Newark. We have stayed there before. Nice beds, bar/resturant. They have a shuttle to the airport. If you live close, like we do, parking is included, for more than 7 days if need be.

I hear they have really good chocolate chip cookies, I will let you know when I get back. We will be back in NJ Dec 10th.

We also reccomend any Marriott these days, all non smoking if that works. REALLY great beds too.

We stayed at the Jersey City Hyatt for our September cruise. It cost $289.00 a night plus about $30.00 for valet parking. It is right on the Hudson River with spectacular views of Manhattan and about 15 minutes from Cape Liberty. It has an on site restaraunt (we did not use, we walked to another location). If this is a special occasion, it would warrent the money for the views of the city alone. I got up early on embarkation day, walked out to the pier and got some fabulous pictures of sunrise against the skyline and was able to see (from a far distance) Explorer coming back into port. The only thing I was not happy with was the fact that the websight says the hotel has views of the Statue of Liberty. It really does not. At the most it has a poor view of the statue from a few select locations.

Archived