where can I fill up an icechest

ClerkPatsy

• 2 weeks later...

Right at the dock? No.

Closest place for ice I would recommend is the Kirks Supermarket. Gas stations also typically have ice. However, supermarkets and gas stations do NOT sell beer or liquor in Cayman. You'll need to stop at a liquor store.

Depending upon your excursion, many pass by various liquor stores. Generally the liiquor stores in the Georgetown port area are duty free shops selling liquor but not beer. If you are heading to the Seven Mile Beach area, you will pass a Big Daddy's liquor store in the Seven Mile Shops which would be a good option for a beer stop. I don't know if they sell ice.

Right at the dock? No.

Closest place for ice I would recommend is the Kirks Supermarket. Gas stations also typically have ice. However, supermarkets and gas stations do NOT sell beer or liquor in Cayman. You'll need to stop at a liquor store.

Depending upon your excursion, many pass by various liquor stores. Generally the liiquor stores in the Georgetown port area are duty free shops selling liquor but not beer. If you are heading to the Seven Mile Beach area, you will pass a Big Daddy's liquor store in the Seven Mile Shops which would be a good option for a beer stop. I don't know if they sell ice.

Thanks for the reply. But, I think we're heading the opposite way. So, we may have to buy the beer on the ship and ask the steward to ice it down for us. I guess they'll let us off the ship with that. Hope so anyway.

Heading east, there is a Liquor for Less store at the corner of Eastern Avenue and Shedden Road which is on the way to the airport. Again, ice at a gas station, a Texaco or Esso station are on the way. Jacque Scott has a larger liquor store at the corner on North Sound Road and Shedden Road.

If you are heading further east, there is a liquor store next to teh Foster's Food Fair IGA near the airport. A Blackbeard's Liquor store is in the same shopping center as Hurley's Grocery store at Grand Harbour.

I seriously doubt that you can import alcohol off the cruise ship for consumption in the islands. It's a tax issue.

Perhaps easiest of all... ask your excursion operator to buy a styrofoam cooler and stock it with ice and the beer of your choice. If they can arrange this for you, it would save some running around.

Archived