Celebrity Zenith...Traded??

bermudabride5

Hello All-

I have a Bermuda cruise booked for June 9, 2007 departing Cape Liberty, NJ. The whole point of our cruise is we are getting married in Hamilton, which since that is the case we have a good amount of people traveling w/us. Well today I rec'd a phone call from my travel agent saying the Celebrity Zenith has been traded for another ship...the Celebrity Journey. If this was just a normal trip I would not care, but we have people traveling with us that have never traveled ever! I just don't want people to get upset with the change. The Celebrity website has the ship listed, but not to many details. I know the ship is alot smaller then the Zenith, which I'm not crazy about. Our travel agent did say the ship is getting refurbished. Does anyone have any information to ease my mind??:eek:

Hello All-

I have a Bermuda cruise booked for June 9, 2007 departing Cape Liberty, NJ. The whole point of our cruise is we are getting married in Hamilton, which since that is the case we have a good amount of people traveling w/us. Well today I rec'd a phone call from my travel agent saying the Celebrity Zenith has been traded for another ship...the Celebrity Journey. If this was just a normal trip I would not care, but we have people traveling with us that have never traveled ever! I just don't want people to get upset with the change. The Celebrity website has the ship listed, but not to many details. I know the ship is alot smaller then the Zenith, which I'm not crazy about. Our travel agent did say the ship is getting refurbished. Does anyone have any information to ease my mind??:eek:

Here is one source of news

http://www.cruise-ship-report.com/News/110106.htm

and another

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=1844

We have sailed the Zenith and a sister to the former Renaissance Cruise Line ship R-6 Blue Dream, theTahitian Princess. I can assure you, even going to a smaller ship, this is an upgrade. The old R ships were steps above the average ship of the day. Part of the reason R went bellyup was because they were more upscale (and expensive).

Here is a picture of her.

http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/Pullmantur/BlueDream_2-01_AKlem_900.jpg

The new ship Journey is a Pullmantur ship. We just saw one of these ships in Aruba. It is very small. When we were onboard we were going to book on the Zenith next summer but were told about the Zenith being sold. Then he told us about the Journey. Good Luck.

bermudabride5-

I feel your pain. We're booked for our 1st ever cruise April 28 '07. We booked directly through Celebrity's website and also did our air travel through them. Have we received any calls? NO_ We've had to do all the detective work ourselves.:mad: We were told we'd get a call yesterday, of course we didn't. We're in the between zone since Journey doesn't begin sailing 'till the following week. My travel dates are limited due to my job, so April 28 was one of few dates that worked for us....I can only imagine your dilemma!:eek:

I am especially irked that travel agents are able to assist their customers - you've already received a call from yours- while people who had the naivete to use Celebrity's website are still in the dark. Man, my DH is going to be on the phone w/ Celebrity today, and it's not going to be pretty. On a happier note....

I wish you all the best in your wedding and your new life together!!

Hi everyone! Also posted this elsewhere. I just sent an e-mail to Celebrity in regard to the April 28, 2007 sailing on Zenith. Here it is:

Attention: Supervisor

Hello. I am writing you this e-mail to let you know that I am highly disappointed with Celebrity Cruise Lines. I was booked on the April 28, 2007 sailing on the Zenith to Bermuda, This was my honeymoon which had been booked and paid for months. I arrive home from work 11-8-06 only to find a very generic message that my cruise has been canceled and to call with any questions. I felt the message was very insincere and gave no real explanation as to why the date was canceled and if there would be any compensation. I was in such shock at finding this out that I did call and asked the representative to cancel and give me a refund. I have stopped to think about the whole situation and the way Celebrity has handled this. First of all, I have cruised with Celebrity and Royal Caribbean on several occasions and had planned on doing so again in the future. I am really upset at the fact that there are no other cruises that work with my honeymoon dates. I will have to now look for a new destination and rebook elsewhere. This is not what I wanted. I do not even want to fly to Bermuda and find accommodations there. I believe that Celebrity should have had the new ship ready for the initial sailing. I am glad I was able to have my money refunded, but I feel that I should be compensated in another way for this terrible inconvenience. I feel I should be able to receive credits toward a future cruise (with no expiration date), be upgraded as a Captain Member to the next level, a free cruise or 50% off on this ship at any time in the future, or just something to apologize for my honeymoon being ruined. If I hear nothing from the cruise line, I will think twice in the future about ever sailing with this line again and will also pass this along to my family members and friends who have cruised frequently with Celebrity. I thank you for your time and look forward to a response soon.

I feel for you Bermuda Bride!! This was my honeymoon which I had booked and paid for early and now it's back to the drwaing board because no other cruises work for our dates off from work after the wedding!! Good luck to everyone. If anyone finds out any more information, e-mail me directly: NURSEKJ8@AOL.COM

My only question is why are you counting on a cruiseship to get you to the place where you are planning your wedding? Ports do get missed due to weather, ship malfunction, and work stoppages.

I am sorry your cruise was cancelled, but you have over eight months to look at new plans.

Archived