TA and upgrade, rm # seems wrong ....

mkgcars

Hi all,

So, recently booked via TA for cruise on Victory.

I picked and booked room 6401, balcony, cat 8A.

I get email week or so later and it indicates room as: LIDO 9277

I check 9277 and it's on Empress and not Lido. 7299 is on Lido.

I call the TA and they say "You're in 6401, oh wait, you've been upgraded to Lido 9277".

Me: "9277 doesn't appear to be on the Lido deck"

TA: "Wait...Right, it's on Empress deck"

Now I have to think that someone mis-keyed in Lido 7299 as Lido 9277.

I called Carnival and they indciated they couldn't assist, that TA would have the info.

So, while I'd be very happy to have the 9277 cat 12 Large Suite, I have to think it's an error and that the room may end up be double-booked.

I plan to wait until the docs arrive (email said Fedex, so should be in tomorrow morning I'd guess) but Q's are:

- How likely is it that someone entered the room number wrong, with the result that 9277 is double-booked?

- Would you sit tight and see if you ended up in the large suite, or would you err on the side of caution and check back with the TA once the docs arrived - with the possible result that you end up in cat 8 again?

I'm a bit scared that I may end up in an inside room if 9277 is double-booked (I just can't see them upgrading me from 8A to 12).

matt

Matt, check back with your TA REGARDLESS of what your documents say. There's no point taking a chance and winding up in an inside room or any other problems.

You paid for an 8A and if that's what you wind up with great - but an upgrade mixed up is no upgrade, so double check it. Don't just take a chance.

Kim

9277 is a standard balcony room on the lido deck on the starboard side next to the elevators.

http://www.carnival.com//Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=VI&deckCode=9

I have no idea why you think it is on the Empress Deck.

7299 is a Cat 12 on the Empress deck.

http://www.carnival.com//Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=VI&deckCode=7

Hi all,

So, recently booked via TA for cruise on Victory.

I picked and booked room 6401, balcony, cat 8A.

I get email week or so later and it indicates room as: LIDO 9277

I check 9277 and it's on Empress and not Lido. 7299 is on Lido.

I call the TA and they say "You're in 6401, oh wait, you've been upgraded to Lido 9277".

Now I have to think that someone mis-keyed in Lido 7299 as Lido 9277.

I called Carnival and they indciated they couldn't assist, that TA would have the info.

So, while I'd be very happy to have the 9277 cat 12 Large Suite, I have to think it's an error and that the room may end up be double-booked.

I plan to wait until the docs arrive (email said Fedex, so should be in tomorrow morning I'd guess) but Q's are:

- How likely is it that someone entered the room number wrong, with the result that 9277 is double-booked?

- Would you sit tight and see if you ended up in the large suite, or would you err on the side of caution and check back with the TA once the docs arrived - with the possible result that you end up in cat 8 again?

I'm a bit scared that I may end up in an inside room if 9277 is double-booked (I just can't see them upgrading me from 8A to 12).

matt

Big Duck is correct. Were you looking at the right deck plans?

seems you made your TA believe it was wrong too. lol

Bill

Hi,

I don't think 9277 is on the Lido - thats why I checked with TA and started the thread.

The TA email said room was: "LIDO 9277"

As there is no such thing I wondered if the TA made an error in their entry - and so I called them.

I call the TA

TA: "You're in 6401, oh wait, you've been upgraded to Lido 9277". <probably reading info from same source as the email they sent me>

mg

PS: Thanks for reply Kim.

First, many apologies, first and foremost to Big Duck and SS Oceanlover.

Second, to the other posters and readers.

=> I typed in the info wrong and then copied it wrong.

[-I knew I was dyslexic but it's been 30 years since I made the same mistake repeatedly and didn't catch it (not a good sign - but I'll blame it on being distracted with thoughts of software issues related to DST changes in 2007).]

Okay, so I tried the gift request on Carnival's site and it doesn't take 9277 but it does take 7299. So, it would appear that Carnival see's me as booked in room 7299. A 8A to 12 upgrade seems a bit excessive. I'm guessing someone at the TA's office may be dyslexic, but that the entry went through the TA and Carnival and at this point I may luck out.

How likely is it that at this point, what I figure has to be TA error, will stick and I'll actually get a cat 12 room - with the cruise being less than 3 weeks away?

Matt

Corrected events:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Get email from TA with following (I copied it from email so I didn't hose up yet again):

Stateroom: 8A, LIDO 7299

I looked up 7299 and it's on Empress and not Lido. 9277 is on Lido.

I call the TA and they say "You're in 6401, oh wait, you've been upgraded to Lido 7299".

Me: "7299 doesn't appear to be on the Lido deck"

Now I have to think that someone mis-keyed in Lido 9277 as Lido 7299.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I paid for an 8A GTY; imagine my surprise and joy when Friday I received my docs, and I was upgraded to an 8D Lido balcony, 9257!! Happy happy joy joy! My first cruise, my first balcony, my first upgrade...life looks good!

It looks like Lido deck is level 9 and all cabins on that deck begin with 9, so I'm assuming OP was, indeed, upgraded as well. TA needs to be on the ball; tell the OP " No worries mon', I got you a cabin upgrade!" :D

Sorry, had to practice my Jamaican lingo as I cruise in 32 days :o

Now I am confused. OP stated he picked a specific cabin then got an upgrade. I was under the impression you could qualify for an upgrade only if you booked GTY.

You can get upgraded with a chosen room number but they are supposed to contact you and ask if you want to be upgraded or keep your original room.

OP here.

Yeah they never contacted me. Is odd. But I guess they figured I wouldn't complain about being upgraded to a suite.

And I think the TA's site entry "Lido 7299" may indicate the wrong deck name because Carnival actually lists the Victory suites as being on the Lido if you try to book with the "Book it now" button on their site. So, the wrong info just flowed to the TA site.

So far it looks like I got a great deal. Of course balcony rooms are now going for $200 less than we paid per person, so an upgrade is nice.

I have to figure it was based on a number of things: timing, booking 4 weeks before the cruise, filling out the FunPass ASAP, and the fact that between my buddy and me we've been on 23 Carnival cruises.

matt

Archived