Where to buy bathing suit

Tinkerbell7

Well I will add some advice.....

I have heard that Lands End carries some styles year round.

I have bought from NewPort News but the quality wasnt great. Got one of those clearance jobs that....well wasnt worth it cuz I never wore it. :rolleyes:

Some of the more pricier ones may be better though.

Wow, that didnt hurt at all. ;)

Thanks Brandyslaw :)

I will try Lands Ends. It seems like a lot of places are sold out for the season. I wore a bathing suit from Newport News on my last cruise.

Thanks for being kind to me. I am new here. I figured since there were experienced cruisers here it would be a good place to ask where to buy nice bathing suits. I guess others are offended by the questions on where to buy a bathing suit for a cruise though :confused:

Paula

Thanks for being kind to me. I am new here. I figured since there were experienced cruisers here it would be a good place to ask where to buy nice bathing suits. I guess others are offended by the questions on where to buy a bathing suit for a cruise though :confused:

Hi Paula - Welcome to the Fashion Board. :) Why do you think others are offended? This is exactly the right place to ask your question.

I'm not buying new suits for my cruise, just taking the 2 I used this past summer.

Maybe if you could provide some more information about yourself & your cruise, you might get a few more responses. What kind of suits are you looking for? Misses or plus sizes? When is your cruise (how soon)? Happy shopping!

Maybe if you could provide some more information about yourself & your cruise, you might get a few more responses. What kind of suits are you looking for? Misses or plus sizes? When is your cruise (how soon)? Happy shopping! __________________

Hello,

I am looking for a takini, bikini, , one-piece not really sure just what ever seems to work best. I wear misses. I have trouble finding bathing suits because I wear a 38DD and need support. Victoria's Secret carries some like this, but a lot of thier bathing suits stop at C or D. I am leaving in Jan. to go on my second cruise. I hope this helps. I will work on trying to figure out how to add more info about myself and do a signature line. Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Hi, I don't buy swimsuits as I'm not a sun/beach person and I've only had one cruise to Alaska but wanted you to know I was not offended by your question.

I think landsend.com is a good place, don't know what they have now, but I've read in many magazines that their swimsuits are great and I know that they were touted as having a large variety of styles in all sizes.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise, safe, healthy, happy travels.

I purchased a lands end this summer (Sears was carrying them). Wow, the quailty is very very good! Is currently my favorite bathing suit!

About Victoria Secret.. I also purchased a VC bathing suit on line. FYI..What a surprise. The sizes (especially the bust) were running quite large, and I had to send it back for a smaller size.

I agree with the comment on Newport News. The quality just is not there.

Lands End is too conservative for me so I do not shop there but I know many women are happy with their quality and selection.

I wear separates from Tara Grinna (I am a 34DD and am hard to fit) and find them at swimwearboutique.com. They have good customer service, good sales and I can buy knowing the suits will fit perfectly and be of consistent quality.

[Hello,

I am looking for a takini, bikini, , one-piece not really sure just what ever seems to work best. I wear misses. I have trouble finding bathing suits because I wear a 38DD and need support. Victoria's Secret carries some like this, but a lot of thier bathing suits stop at C or D. I am leaving in Jan. to go on my second cruise. I hope this helps. I will work on trying to figure out how to add more info about myself and do a signature line. Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Hi tink

www.bravissimo.com may be of help to you. A little pricey with the exchange rate, but I can vouch for the quality and support.

Welcome to the boards. This one is a fun one and there are always people willing to help.

H

I've ordered suits from http://www.exelnt.com/ since they also specialize in swimsuits for larger chests. I found the quality very good and I get a ton of compliments. The customer service reps are very helpful in making sure you get the right cut and size. The first time I used them, the rep suggested I get a larger cup size since I am a full 40DD. She was completely right.

Hey Tinkerbell,

Not sure if you're an Ebayer, but Ebay has a large selection of swimsuits - I just bought 4(!) for our upcoming cruise and paid just under $100 total including shipping for all of them (they were all about 60-75% off the original catalog prices).

Might be worth a look :)

I'm a 34G and size 12. I have not been able to find a one-piece swimsuit that fits and doesn't look like my Grandmother's (God rest her soul). Can anyone help me? Thank you so much for any help you might give.:)

I've been ordering my bikinis online through Victoria's Secret for a couple years now. I happen to like the Wonderbra collection as I am less than well-endowed. They are awesome about taking the suit back if it doesn't fit and sending a new one very quickly. I now know my size and can order with confidence! I believe the Wonderbra collection has everything from thong bottoms :eek: to full coverage (what I buy! :rolleyes: ), and they do bikinis, tankinis and 1 pieces.

I'm a 34G and size 12. I have not been able to find a one-piece swimsuit that fits and doesn't look like my Grandmother's (God rest her soul). Can anyone help me? Thank you so much for any help you might give.:)

www.bravissimo.com is the website for you. Funky, trendy swimwear and lingerie for just your size.

I am a 32FF - G so I know what it's like!

Archived