carnival triumph

elvis1112

• 2 weeks later...

We were in an accessible cabin on the Triumph in February, cabin 6207, with a balcony. Not a terribly large cabin, but adequate. DH used a scooter, and there was room for that and for his folded up w/c, Workable, but a bit cluttered. Had a roll-in shower. I think there was a large lip or step onto the balcony, but I can't recall for sure. Ramp to the dining room, and the staff was helpful in arranging seating and storing the scooter. As usual, I think they liked to ride on it. We spent most of our pool time not at the main pool but at the New World Pool toward the back of the ship. Had no trouble accessing that area. Overall, it was fine. I'll try to post some photos but probably won't have any luck; my photo software is malfunctioning.

• 2 weeks later...

We're not disabled, but got assigned to an accessible inside cabin on the Lido deck as a guarantee. Big bathroom looks good for accessibility. The desk/vanity is wider than usual to make room for a wheelchair. There shouls be room for a scooter, but it may be cozy once it's in there. The closet space is very limited; that's how they made space for wider doorways and a bigger bathroom, all in a regular cabin footprint. There is one half-width full length closet, then a second regular Carnival-style closet that has a shelf for the safe at roughly the middle height of the closet, with two shelves above it. Below is a hanging bar that goes from front to back and is long enough to hang long jackets or fairly long skirts.

This was cabin number 9286. 9292 next door looked like it was identical.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
We were in an accessible cabin on the Triumph in February, cabin 6207, with a balcony. Not a terribly large cabin, but adequate. DH used a scooter, and there was room for that and for his folded up w/c, Workable, but a bit cluttered. Had a roll-in shower. I think there was a large lip or step onto the balcony, but I can't recall for sure. Ramp to the dining room, and the staff was helpful in arranging seating and storing the scooter. As usual, I think they liked to ride on it. We spent most of our pool time not at the main pool but at the New World Pool toward the back of the ship. Had no trouble accessing that area. Overall, it was fine. I'll try to post some photos but probably won't have any luck; my photo software is malfunctioning.

i would really like to see photos.do you think there is enough room on both sides of the bed?

Sorry; no luck with the photos. There was a decent amount of room on the side of the bed toward the bathroom; I seem to recall that nonaccessible cabins had a sofa there, which was not in our cabin, so there was more floor space. The other side of the bed was more cluttered by a table and small chair, and that's where we stored the folded up wheelchair.

• 3 weeks later...
We stayed in an oceanview cabin on the Panorama deck. Cabin was nice. Bathroom was large. Ramp to Lido deck was not very steep. The only thing we were disappointed about was this ship does not have any handicap accessible pools or hot tubs.

still looking for some photos of cabins

Archived