Ship time/local time

fivefoot4

For anyone who has been on the Pride, can you tell me if there is a difference of time from ship time to the local time at Puerto Vallarta?

We are going on a tour (not carnival) leaving 9.25 am and we dock at 8 am. Is that really 9 am local time or am I just confused. We would hate to miss the pick up.:(

For anyone who has been on the Pride, can you tell me if there is a difference of time from ship time to the local time at Puerto Vallarta?

We are going on a tour (not carnival) leaving 9.25 am and we dock at 8 am. Is that really 9 am local time or am I just confused. We would hate to miss the pick up.:(

Hi there,

Puerto Vallarta should be one hour a head from the Pride unless they go forward one hour to compensate. The only way to be sure is to ask at the pursers desk when you arrive on board.

Anybody been on the pride? is this correct or am I giving false info, please correct me if I am.

I don't know about Puerto Vallarta, but we just got back from the Eastern on the Victory. We changed one of our excursions from a ship-based one to a private one. Our friend did all the booking, etc. We were just wandering around St. Thomas when our friend decided to call the company we were going parasailing with to see if they could take us earlier...they said we were already LATE! VERY valuable lesson here...ship-based excursions are on ship time...private excursions are on local time!!! We did get a later time to go, thankfully!!!!!

IF the Ship docks at 8:00 it is 9:00 pv Time.

Here's a repeat from another thread. There are a whole bunch of these on the Mexican Riviera board, so look down there for more info:

Just got off the Pride about 10 hours ago, we lost an hour of sleep going down to match up with Mazatlan and Cabo and got it back coming home or in my case another hour in the disco. Yes, we were an hour off in PV as they are on the equivalent of our Central Time (GM -6). Mazatlan and Cabo are on the equivalent of our Mountain Time. To make everything a little more confusing, what we call Mountain Time (GM -7) the people of Mexico call Pacific Time:eek: Most ships on this run don't change to match PV. It's really not worth it for them, considering you already have 2 time changes (Lose an hour of sleep going down, gain one coming back). Matching Puerto would mean 4 time changes. 4 changes per week would be hard to get everyone to remember and hell on the staff and crew. See my Capers and photos from the Pride at http://www.ronrythm.com/Carnival_Pride_06.html

Enjoy the trip and don't worry about the time

Ron

Thread this was taken from:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=282232

Generally, the ship stays on the time zone of the departure port. Some will say this is not the case but in all of our cruises, it has been. If you are booking an excursion independently, they should tell you when and where to meet and usually it will be local time. If you are unsure, just ask. This can get complicated depending on if the port of call observes daylight savings and the time of year you are travelling. Again, if unsure, just ask. The tour operators are used to this.

Archived