How long does it take to get off the ship?

Bbrave

I know usually we need to get back to the ship 45 minutes before the "departure time". Then, how long does it take to get off the ship? If the arrival time is 7 am, when can I start my tour on those islands?

Thank you.

Since cruise ships don't run on as tight of schedule as a bus line, you may arrive at a port earlier or later than scheduled. As soon as the local customs officials have cleared the ship, they will begin disembarkation. If you are on your own, you will be able to leave at that time.

The initial lines can be long but you should be off within ½ hour.

If it is a tender port, you may have to get in a line for a tender ticket and then wait for your ticket number (or color) to be called. With tendering, you may be up to an hour getting off the ship if you don't get your ticket early.

We almost always wait until the crowds clear and go ashore without standing in a long line.

Charlie

We always shave off at least an hour on each end of the port times. More if tendering, then we wouldn't plan any excursions for at least an hour and a half after the ship is due to arrive in port.

If it is not a ship sponsored excursion, I think I would ask the company what their policies are regarding late arrival or no show if the ship cannot make it to port that day.

I'm not one who enjoys being a part of the crowd on tenders and prefer to wait until it has cleared out before going to shore. For the same reason, we return back to the ship an hour before sail away.

Archived