montego bay rafting trip

cruising kate

• 4 weeks later...

I just got back from Celebrity 7 nt cruise and we stopped in MoBay.

I had independently booked a rafting trip through Caliche. Searched abd posted here and elsewhere for reviews and found none. Was a little nervous due to so many other poor reviews of other shoreXs in MoBay.

So we got off the ship and searched high and low for sign or driver. None to be found. Long story short, eventually through our persistance we got up there by taxi (paid by tour operator). Our efforts were paid off ten fold!

We choose the canyon tour.... this is not for the inexperienced and/or not adventerous! There were about 8 Class IV rapids and it is very likely that people will fall out of the raft. Also this "canyon tour" is only available certain times of the year when water flow is adequate. The upper section of the river (Class II rapids "rainforest tour") is avail almost year round -- take it if you are not the adventerous type or if water doesn't permit.

Ive done about 8 rafting trips around the world and this was, without a doubt, the best.

Our guide Mackel was outstanding- he knows the river very well (I highly technical river) and is a great ambasador for Jamaica. Engage him in conversation (he has a spiel, but talk to him more and you will get much more out of it than the basics).

Link here: http://www.whitewaterraftingmontegobay.com/descriptions.htm

Archived