Has anyone used a free companion certificate from Carnival?

paminohio

Ohio Savings Bank is offering a coupon good for a free companion cruise (buy one get the second free) for opening a new checking account. They told me it was one person pays, the other goes for free. I was wondering if anyone knows if this includes taxes, port charges, etc., or is it just for the cruise itself? Although, even if it's just for the cruise, it can't be a bad deal if all you have to do is open a checking account.

Thought I'd check to see if anyone has used one before I go to the trouble of opening another checking account.

Thanks,

Ohio Savings told me I could call Carnival, tell them what coupon I am talking about, and they would know all the details. I'm on my way out now so I won't have a chance to call today...maybe if someone else does they can post the info. It does sound like a great deal.

The last cruise I was on( Pride 1/18/04) we took the time share tour in Puerto vallarta and also recieved a certificate for a free cruise. Same idea. buy one get one free. Went to check on it once we arrived home, and sure enough you pay brochure rates for the first one ,and second if free. It was cheaper to book on your own and pay for both.The tour was fun anyway. they gave you free lunch of your choice ,drinks and use of their facilities.,which were very nice.

Archived