Formal Night Questions

d&b cruise

Great Pictures Wraithe, as a Viet Nam era Marine, I never had "Dress Blues". But, I've got plenty of formal wear these days and enjoy wearing it.

My DW and I have been dancing Ballroom for about five years now, and belong to two local Ballroom clubs that meet once a month. There are numerous opportunities to dance in our area.

An interesting thing about cruise dancing is learning to adjust the steps for a small often crowded dance floor.

And rocking!!! LOL. Just about the time you're trying to put on the brakes on a side step, the ship leans downhill!:eek: Thanks for the compliments.

I got six posts out of that one. I think maybe the board is rocking tonight!

And rocking!!! LOL. Just about the time you're trying to put on the brakes on a side step, the ship leans downhill!:eek: Thanks for the compliments. I got six posts out of that one. I think maybe the board is rocking tonight!

Last March we were on the Wind headed down to Fanning Island out of Hawaii, dancing got very interesting. A lot of ships stick a disco high on the stern which can give maximum movement in any kind of sea. One of our couples fell and the rest of us changed steps a lot.

Certainly the Gulf of Mexico can be as rough as any water out there, we'll keep that in mind on formal evenings as ladies formal wear doesn't always offer much freedom of movement.

As my DW and I both work in Galveston, we and our friends cruise out of here whenever possible. We'll be on the Grand next month, one of the "shopping Cart" ships with the disco in the handle.

Wraithe - I think I am in love - with your wife's blue dress. Where did she get it?

Great pix of the 2 of you. Thanks for sharing. :)

Lisa said she got it at David's Bridal, unfortunately, it was a clearance item and isn't available anymore most likely. Good luck with it, she's had really good luck getting dresses at David's, and she posted a bunch of pics from our last cruise on a recent thread.

Yes we are going on the Rhapsody on the formal nights can he get away with wearing dockers and a shirt without a tie or jacket?

Becki

Becki,

I have sailed on Rhapsody this past Sept. Went to both formal nights in the main dinning room. Click the below link to read my 'fashion review' of the attire I observed during our cruise on that ship:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=417420

I hope you have a great cruise!:)

Archived