What to do with QE2

Shogun

I've just read the next thread so don't need reminding! Of course those upgrades happen all the time on the QE2 - just read the responses, everyone's had an upgrade like that:cool: (LOL)

Malcolm ... that was my point! Its a form of hidden discounting :eek:

I was also trying to point out that 'Special' cruises could fill out better because there is more demand so less need for further discounting.

Ken

Malcolm ... that was my point! Its a form of hidden discounting :eek:

I was typing tongue-in-cheek (I should have known to stick with straight talking). Upgrades on QM2 seem very common, upgrades on the QE2 seem much rarer. To me that means they are desperate for passengers on the QM2 but not the QE2, that the QM" is not selling well yet the QE2 is.

I was also trying to point out that 'Special' cruises could fill out better because there is more demand so less need for further discounting.

I wouldn't dispute that "special" cruises sell better, but would dispute that being a "special" cruise affects the distribution of passengers between the restaurants.

Ken,

I do not know why Carnival is not paying sufficient attention to the Japanese. The Japanese have a reputation for taking short holidays, which is not very compatible with cruising. However, there are a lot of Japanese baby-boomers out there in the process of retiring, many are well set-up financially and are looking for a longer holiday as a reward for a lifetime of work. I think Japan is going to be a big cruise market in the future.

Louise

I was typing tongue-in-cheek (I should have known to stick with straight talking). Upgrades on QM2 seem very common, upgrades on the QE2 seem much rarer. To me that means they are desperate for passengers on the QM2 but not the QE2, that the QM" is not selling well yet the QE2 is..

Very difficult to read tongue in cheek when it sounds right! We must be reading different threads LOL icon12.gif

I wouldn't dispute that "special" cruises sell better, but would dispute that being a "special" cruise affects the distribution of passengers between the restaurants.

Surely the demand for the whole ship on a 'special' cruise would increase and, as there aren't that many Q grades to sell, they would fill easier than otherwise??? If I was going away for say Xmas I would try to afford a better grade than any other time - though obviously not on QE2!!! icon10.gif

Ken

Surely the demand for the whole ship on a 'special' cruise would increase and, as there aren't that many Q grades to sell, they would fill easier than otherwise?

Yes - all the cabins would fill up more rapidly so it wouldn't affect the distribution of passengers across the ship, just the speed with which the ship filled.

• 7 months later...

:) Well, well .... five pages of chat, and look at what we've come to. :(

At least we know where Dubai is and where the ship will be, like it or not.

After mentioning I would like to be on the QE2 last voyage, into Dubai, so many people, too many, have thought me crazy to want to be in that explosive part of the country! Then I found out my cost of a single cabin for the voyage. That was explosive! Thank you, no.

I plan to take the last transatlantic out of New York, then say goodbye.

Then ... I look forward to being on QM2 and/or QV some day, calling in Dubai, going to visit the QE2. No cost will be too great then. :)

Archived