Another Post Cruise Arizona Question

ricklieb

My wife and I will be sailing on the POAm and our return flight does not leave until 11:30pm. Our plan is to rent a car for the day. We would like to see the Arizona Memorial and don't know what else. We thought we would take a cab from the ship to the airport, check our bags and rent a car there. This would take care of the what do we do with our bags issue and also allow for easy return to the airport to catch our flight.

However, after reading here about the need to get to the Arizona as early as possible, I am wondering if we have time to do it this way. Any thoughts on how long this would take? We are flying first class, so the check-in lines shouldn't be too bad.

If this is not the best way to go, then what?

Thanks,

Rick

One concern I would have is that with security measures the way they are, most airlines won't let you check in bags more than 3 - 4 hours in advance. You may want to check with your airline for their rules. I think you can check your bags in at the dock to be held for the day. Or why not just take the ships excursion to the Memorial? I think if you do that, they take care of your bags for you. Or perhaps ask the car rental place if they have baggage storage? I can't think of any other options if you don't want to keep the baggage in the trunk of the car for the day.

Even if you don't get to the Memorial early, you can still see it, the lines will just be longer. You have until late at night anyway so it shouldn't matter.

Depending on what airline you are with, you might be able to pay for a program they now have $20 where you fill out a form the night before you get off the ship, give them your bags and then you don't see them again before you get to your final destination. That way at least you would not have to worry about what to do with your bags. There has been a number of posts on this, they said the key is to make up your mind early in the cruise and their is a maximum number of folks they can take. Lydia of Ohio

Archived