Question about Cruise Docs...?

SarahQ

Need some help from you long-time HAL cruisers...

We got our docs today (yay! lots of dancing happening!) - in the new fabric wallets - but I was a bit confused.

We actually got two completely seperate wallets with seperate tickets for my DH and myself. I wouldn't normally think this was odd, but my parents are leaving on Friday for a HAL cruise on the Veendam, and I know they got only one wallet and one ticket set which had both of their names on it.

I just thought this was a little odd and was wondering what the norm is and if anyone else had this experience? We have one booking number, we are definitely on the same booking...the only things that may be slightly different are that we have a guarantee booking and that my name is not exactly the same as DH's (its hypenated).

On a completely different note, we did not received the dining time that we requested, but I'm not sure if that is due to that time being waitlisted or not (we requested Upper Main and got Lower Main). Is there any chance I could try to request a chance ahead of time through Ships Services or should I wait till we board and request the change directly with the Matire D'?

For our September cruise, we received two sets of docs, one from HAL and one from the online TA. As I recall, one had a suffix on the booking number-probably an alert as to chronic whiners! Can't recall which one we used for boarding but they worked just fine.

Gary

Thanks all for your replies - wasn't terribly concerned about it, just thought it was sort of strange...truthfully, if HAL needs someplace to cut back, not sending out two folders with exactly the same info would probably be a good place to start ;)

As for our dining issue, I won't stress too much - hopefully we can work it out when we're onboard...either way, I'm sure it will be wonderful :)

Archived