Star - AD versus AE

Maxnmalibu

We are currently booked for the Mex Riv in April '07 - AE 8670, but are considering switching to an AD on deck 10. The price actually goes down (if I book w/an agent rather than direct with NCL). It seems like a no brainer - but I'm concerned that the deck on the AD might actually be smaller than what we currently have, and I'm not sure there are any other differences between the two categories??

Help!!

But you're right...if it's cheaper, why not move to an AD? We were in an AD on the Star, the decor in the room was absolutely gorgeous, it really was "designed for romance." I do think that's one of the main differences between the AEs and ADs, from what I've heard at least.

Do you know which cabin you might have if you switched to an AD?

Edit: I just checked the deck plans on the Star and noticed that with 8670, you have a wrap around balcony, though I think it's pretty narrow on the side. That's really up to you. We thought we had a wrap around on the AD when we were on the Star, and then found out we didn't, but it was such a beautiful view and the balcony was so huge that it really didn't matter! :)

Archived