To cold for crusin?

chuck&lori

Cozumel will be hot , no problem there. I went in January one time and the weather was beautiful! However, cruising out of NOLA in Dec. is a different story! Except the weather to be chilly when you leave. In fact, when I went on that January cruise, it was quite chilly for the first day and half of the cruise.

I was there in December. The Water is in the 80's. I was in the carribean in Nov, dec ,and Feb. the water was always warm and plenty of sun..The carribean waters are my Favorite.

About the weather in N.O. prior to the cruise, ya just never know!

Our winters are pretty mild, usually colder in January and early February than in December. (I don't even own a winter coat!) I've played touch football in shorts and tee in December.....and the next year we had an ice storm that knocked all power off for several days.....so who knows what it will be this year?:rolleyes:

But yes, it'll be in the 80s in the Caribbean.

We cruised Dec. 14, 2003 out of Tampa. We were told that the temps averaged 85-90 in Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Belize. Two days before we left we checked the wheather and it was 89 in Belize and Grand Cayman.

Our first port was Grand Cayman and it was hot. Then that night it started raining big time and a cold front came through. It never made it to 75 even at the other ports-it was like 65-70. Hubby still swam and snorkled- I did not it- was too cold for me-I even froze in the hot tub. I had brought mostly capris,only a few pairs of slacks for wearing to dinner. I had one jacket with me. I had to wash that jacket midway through as I had worn it so much plus my pants so I would have clean ones for dinner.

Anyway that was a fluke but I say be prepared. Go ahead and bring your shorts but make sure you have a sweather or 2 and some slacks with you for daywear. I tell you I was wishing I had a pair or 2 of the much discussed blue jeans for daywear that week.

There was one good thing about it though. Atlanta was effected by the cold front too and it was like 35 high all week here at home so at least we missed that. I will take 65 over 35 anytime even if I can't swim.

We cruised out of NO the 3rd week in Feb. The weather was very warm...no jacket necessary...shorts would have worked!!

Cozumel was gorgeous..the water VERY warm.

You're going to have a great time!!

actually, now I'm remembering when we first boarded the ship, and were standing on deck as we left port...we did have light jackets on...that was because it was windy and the day was dreary...had the sun been out we probbaly wouldn't have needed them though!!

Archived