airfare with RC

djm719

I booked my air through RC and Iwas curious, when I get to the airport what do I show them? If I use the e-ticket machine do I just swipe my credit card through the machine? I'm used to booking it through the airline directly.

You do not need a credit card for the airport. You will need a drivers license. You can go to the nearest kiosh machine and eneter your name and follow the prompts, the ticket will print out with luggage tags and a airport worker will assist you from there, with verifying your license and tagging your luggage.

Your tickets work just like any other e-tickets. There is nothing special to do, just as long as you go to the right airline, at the right time, on the right day....(I say all this because I met someone who tried to board a flight to Asia a day late. She went by the day she'd arrive in Asia, not the day she was supposed to take off...oops.)

It's easy, no worries.

best wishes.

Easiest way is curb side check in and just give them your record locator number.........they should take it from there........

Yes this may be true but heres a problem I encountered with curb side check in. SO BEWARE! Plane was leaving at 6AM to San Juan for cruiseship departure at 10PM. Checked baggage at curb, we were issued our plane tickets, told what gate and time for plane. We went to the gate appox 1 hr before boarding and a sign was posted that our plane was to be delayed until approx. noon. No problem I felt, we still had time since it was a 5 hr flight and ship was leaving at 10pm. I asked at the ticket booth if we could catch an earlier flight than noon and get on our way. I was told OUR LUGGAGE was already tagged to go this delayed flight and No WAY could we fly on a different plane with our luggage. Well, I flipped. I informed them of the GOV. Rule that you Must fly with your luggage and have it in your possession, so how can they change the rules because of changing to another flight. I was told for unforseen circumstances, you are allowed to fly without your luggage on the same plane. In the meantime, a new time of 3PM was posted for this delayed flight (due to engine problems) and now i am really fuming! Do I jump a flight with no luggage and bank on it arriving before departure, or fly on a different plane and if I have no luggage I buy new clothes and turn the receipts in to the insurance CO? Now if i wouldn't have checked in my baggage at the curb, I most likely would of be told that the flight had a delay. Other Pax leaving from that same airport were allowed to book a new flight inside when they checked in and they were already up and away with THEIR LUGGAGE! I opted to take a different flight with No Luggage, ariived in San Juan at 830pm and my luggage did arrive on the ship before departure, but I spoke with Honeymooners during the week that never got their luggage from that delayed flight (cruise left sunday ) until friday (2 days before cruise was finished). So consider this when checking in at the CURB!

Yes this may be true but heres a problem I encountered with curb side check in. SO BEWARE! Plane was leaving at 6AM to San Juan for cruiseship departure at 10PM. Checked baggage at curb, we were issued our plane tickets, told what gate and time for plane. We went to the gate appox 1 hr before boarding and a sign was posted that our plane was to be delayed until approx. noon. No problem I felt, we still had time since it was a 5 hr flight and ship was leaving at 10pm. I asked at the ticket booth if we could catch an earlier flight than noon and get on our way. I was told OUR LUGGAGE was already tagged to go this delayed flight and No WAY could we fly on a different plane with our luggage. Well, I flipped. I informed them of the GOV. Rule that you Must fly with your luggage and have it in your possession, so how can they change the rules because of changing to another flight. I was told for unforseen circumstances, you are allowed to fly without your luggage on the same plane. In the meantime, a new time of 3PM was posted for this delayed flight (due to engine problems) and now i am really fuming! Do I jump a flight with no luggage and bank on it arriving before departure, or fly on a different plane and if I have no luggage I buy new clothes and turn the receipts in to the insurance CO? Now if i wouldn't have checked in my baggage at the curb, I most likely would of be told that the flight had a delay. Other Pax leaving from that same airport were allowed to book a new flight inside when they checked in and they were already up and away with THEIR LUGGAGE! I opted to take a different flight with No Luggage, ariived in San Juan at 830pm and my luggage did arrive on the ship before departure, but I spoke with Honeymooners during the week that never got their luggage from that delayed flight (cruise left sunday ) until friday (2 days before cruise was finished). So consider this when checking in at the CURB!

Some pretty good advice! To the best of my knowledge we don't have curbside check-in at our airports and I don't think we ever had it. I've never seen it at Toronto, Montreal and other airports in the country.

I informed them of the GOV. Rule that you Must fly with your luggage and have it in your possession, so how can they change the rules because of changing to another flight. I was told for unforseen circumstances, you are allowed to fly without your luggage on the same plane.

The airline was right. The rule that your baggage must travel on the same plane as you is actually for international travel only. Doesn't make your bad travel day any better or the fact that they weren't helpful in trying to get you to your cruise any better.

It really depends on the airport to a large degree. In OKC, we don't have much of a problem with cancelled flights or changed flights........and of course I always Confirm my flights from the internet cafe and check in the day before debarkation, whether I'm flying home from Ft. Lauderdale, Miami or whatever......International though would make a definete difference.

Archived