Why do they do it

Shogun

Hi There,

Did my daily check of offers from Princess and found new offers (UK) only

phoned the wife and got the OK to make a booking on line was not working so phoned Princess got straight through.

Web page was offering flying from 4 airports OK two would feed London but thats OK as it means there are two direct flights going out so plenty of seats.

"

So, sorry sir no seats on any flight, so whats the point of putting up a last minute package if it does not exist.

Now was told could fly out a coulpe of days early stay in hotel and same at end of cruise but this would add 60% to the cost of the cruise,

Now I got to tell the wife she is not going to the Caribbean this Christmas, she most likely has phoned everyone she kows to tell them she is going.

yours Shogun

Hi There,

Did my daily check of offers from Princess and found new offers (UK) only

phoned the wife and got the OK to make a booking on line was not working so phoned Princess got straight through.

Web page was offering flying from 4 airports OK two would feed London but thats OK as it means there are two direct flights going out so plenty of seats. "So, sorry sir no seats on any flight, so whats the point of putting up a last minute package if it does not exist. Now was told could fly out a coulpe of days early stay in hotel and same at end of cruise but this would add 60% to the cost of the cruise,

Now I got to tell the wife she is not going to the Caribbean this Christmas, she most likely has phoned everyone she kows to tell them she is going. yours Shogun

Sounds like a case of counting chickens before they hatched. No web pages can guarantee 100% accuracy 24 hrs a day. Nor can it guarantee all flights from all cities will be available.

Why not go for the pre or post cruise or book flights on your own :confused:

I was sold a cruise one day and called the next to say they didn't have the cabin to sell. Just made other plans.

In a case like this, providing they have the right technology it can track seats and space on both the ship and flights. But, like I said, they must have the correct programs working to be able to correctly display the right information to customers.

I work daily with programmers who do build and upkeep such shopping carts that do work on real-time.

You simply took the bait :D

Hi There,

Have been told to find a way of getting on the cruise, can fly from Edinburgh to Atlanta and onto Ft Lauderdale. With Hotels at the start and end of the cruise for the same money.

So wife should start talking to me again soon, mind you its was nice to have a bit of peace and quite.

yours Shogun

It sounds as if Princess was trying to fill the ship so arranged for hotels with pre-night stays and earlier airfare with discounts on the actual cruise. Not unheard of for a cruise line to do this.

Glad you got it worked out and that your wife is not speaking to you again. :)

Archived