Question for Specialty Coffee on the Legend 4/07

HillsRAlive

I have been searching thru the site to find out what type of specialty coffee is on the Legend. We will be sailing on the first round out of Tampa in April and I would like to know what or if the specialty coffee is sponsered by any chain example Starbucks? . If anyone has this info please let me know. Thanks so much!

I just got off the elation and like very strong coffee. The coffee they served was so weak that I am so glad that I brought instant packets to add to my cups. The dining room coffee was a little bit stronger imo. There is a coffee bar with special desserts for a charge and they had an espresso machine but never bought any from them. I couldn't wait for my first cup of coffee brewed at home, missed having a good cup.

I can't answer your specific question...sorry...but just wanted to let you know that you can get comp espresso and cappuccino with all three meals each day in the the dining room. Most lines don't offer this, so I definitely take advantage of it. Why pay for it at the specialty coffee bar?;)

At the pay-for-coffee places on board, do they serve really good coffees like Jamaican Blue Mountain or Kona? Or do they just serve Espresso/Capuccino/latte drinks made from "regular" coffee beans. My hubby is a total coffee fan (snob ;) ), and would really love to know this.

Thanks!

I have been searching thru the site to find out what type of specialty coffee is on the Legend. We will be sailing on the first round out of Tampa in April and I would like to know what or if the specialty coffee is sponsered by any chain example Starbucks? . If anyone has this info please let me know. Thanks so much!

Hay there,

Carnival has a contract with the Coffee Shope from Europe. I cant recall from where exactly.

anything else i can help with?

We sailed Legend in March and we are coffee snobs. (We bring a coffee press and our own coffee and order or fetch hot water from the buffet.) In the dining room you can get espresso or cappucino at no charge. It is not bad. The specialty coffee shop has higher end brewed coffee, lattes, cappucinos, and some blended coffee drinks for a fee. The prices were comparable to a Starbucks. (I drink quad-shot lattes and I believe they were about $4) I do not recall the exact name of the brand, but the drinks were good.

I think the biggest difference between the dining room and the specialty shops were the use of real, fresh milk and a higher grade of coffee bean.

After a few nights on the Valor...we realized that we would enjoy desert better by leaving the dinning room and going to the specialy coffee bar and getting a real Espresso or Capuccino and a delicious piece of pie or cake that they sold there.

Since the menu change a year or so ago, the deserts in the dining room have become smaller and just to fancy...LOL

Archived